Author Topic: Dongle in Fethiye  (Read 9467 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
better i found to buy one here in Turkey,130 lira for dongle then 39 lira a month, allthough last year they dropped it to 29 lira a month, in the summer. i have found that it can be more reliabe than internet line connection out here as lots of people,s conection seems to go down a lot out here, turkcell shops are the ones to go to,they all stock them, just make sure you buy one that is compatible to your laptop i:e if you have windows 7 make sure the dongle is for windows 7 and not just up to vista, hope this helps.

Offline posleeds

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 17:10:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yakamoz

I will be coming to Ovacik for 3 months in May and would like to use laptop whilst there. Don't want to take out to bars/cafe to WIFI would like to use at 'home' to send/receive e-mails and various bits and pieces on internet. Would I be better with UK purchased dongle or Turkish option.

If you can pick up a signal to a wireless internet connection when you come out, it may be worth asking neighbours - many people in Turkey "share" an internet connection - one person has it installed & the cost is shared by other neighbouring users - a password is needed for access. It's like using your laptop in a bar/cafe using WIFI, but from the comfort of your home - usually a cheaper option all round.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 21:52:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

quote:
Originally posted by yakamoz

I will be coming to Ovacik for 3 months in May and would like to use laptop whilst there. Don't want to take out to bars/cafe to WIFI would like to use at 'home' to send/receive e-mails and various bits and pieces on internet. Would I be better with UK purchased dongle or Turkish option.

If you can pick up a signal to a wireless internet connection when you come out, it may be worth asking neighbours - many people in Turkey "share" an internet connection - one person has it installed & the cost is shared by other neighbouring users - a password is needed for access. It's like using your laptop in a bar/cafe using WIFI, but from the comfort of your home - usually a cheaper option all round.

but then back to the point, cheaper all round but poor line connection, power cuts in turkey, use your laptop with dongle and your battery life :)

Offline TimS

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 16:57:00 PM »
I wish I can get something like 50Mb Fiber optics connection, then I would be able to work from Turkey and earn the same amount of money as I do here!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:17:39 AM by TimS »

Offline Snapper

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 19:48:36 PM »
Just back from Fethiye and tried my unlocked Dongle with a Turkcell Sim card but it would not work:(.
Had to buy Turkcell Dongle with 4GB for 140tl.Once it was connected it worked very well.
From now on I can buy sim cards for 1 week duration at 12tl each.

Offline Jim Fraser

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 20:40:17 PM »
A small update on my Dongle experience - I bought a Vodaphone one, have had no problems with it, but tried a friends Turkcell one in my laptop and it gave a far greater speed, also the monthly PAYG costs are identical but V/phone only give 1GB whereas T/Cell give 4GB download usage.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
I was told in Azda (Hisaronu) last week that the cost of a Turkcell Dongle was 79TL + 19TL for the sim card + 39TL for 4GB 1 month allowance.
they had a special offer on where you get the sim free therefore pay 118TL for the first month.
Top ups were 12TL for 1GB 1 week, 39TL for 4GB 1 month and I think there was one for about 24TL for 1 GB 1 month.

Offline littlereddevil

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 13:30:13 PM »
I'm not having as much success as usual with my Turkcell dongle. It can take well over half an hour to get logged on.Seems to be slower too.

Offline pauline

Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 19:31:45 PM »
Thanks very much kevin b found the Turkcell shop.  I got the whole deal today for 118 YTL!!!!  Deal or what. Access pretty quick too. I am a very happy bunny especially as I have now booked next years flights at a good price too.  Oh happy days!!  

Thanks for info
Pauline

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Dongle in Fethiye
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
Is there anyone who could give me a rough current price for a Dongle package and whether to go to Avea or Turkcell, the one I hired has to go back tomorrow and I feel it is time to buy one,I do not want to get ripped off as I am on my own I dont want to be an easy target, but if I go in the shop armed with some info this should be less likely to happen :)many thanks to anyone who can help me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf