Author Topic: Deliktas news update  (Read 14607 times)

Offline valleyboy

Deliktas news update
« on: February 07, 2010, 17:41:10 PM »
Hi all, would it be too much trouble to ask you "full time residents" for any news updates from Deliktas, as we "part timers" feed off any snippets we get from you (however trivial), it all keeps us going until we come out next.

Anything really, has the crime wave subsided ?, how's the new local shop doing ?,any further development on Symbola ?, price increases, any weather damage ?, anything really as I say no matter how trivial, all appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation, Tony & Kay

Offline joannasal

Deliktas news update
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:42 AM »
Hmm, updates? WE BEAT YOU AT RUGBY!!!!!!! Does that count??!!

Weather - started raining about noon yesterday, has not yet stopped. D block coming along - did you get the pictures I sent? General prices staring to leap up, but good sales in the clothes shops. Little shop still doing okay and now has his shop sign up so looking more professional and permanant. Will go this week and see what is the latest on his tobacco / alcohol licences. New people in B block (hardly see them), one more apartment in C block sold, no one new in A block! Crime - have not heard anything for a while, probably too cold and wet for the burglars to venture out. Seckin - still fab, treated myself to pide there last week - lush. Pool - stil dirty and yuk, waiting for the summer to be cleaned etc. Was woken at 3.30am by howling winds, rain, thunder and lightning - still going on! Rose is about to lose a tooth.
Can't think of much else right now, except you may want to get the apartment checked. I have 2 problems in the kitchen and sitting room from the continual rain. Catch 22 - Manzara can't do anything until the rain stops for a period of time, but until they can do something it is getting worse.
Will try and keep you updated more frequently.
Oh, and we beat you at rugby!!!!!! (had to rub that in again)

Offline valleyboy

Deliktas news update
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »
Hi Joanna,
Great to hear from you, Kay just told me you've also Emailed. Hope you are well and coping with your first winter in Turkey, a bit colder and more wet than Oman !!.
Thanks for the updates,much appreciated, hope Manzara sort your water problems out soon, where did you post photos of D block ?.
Thanks for reminding us of the rugby, I think we're getting over it Alyn - Wyn Jones is hanging from the first tree as you come over the bridge, and your ground has been re-named "Trippenham" !!, us bitter no never.

Take care and keep dry

Offline joannasal

Deliktas news update
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:01:14 AM »
Hello,
I sentthem by email but using my gmail account. If you did not see them i can send again.

Rain - have never seen so much in my life!

Offline joannasal

Deliktas news update
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Manzara came over yesterday and (hopefully) sorted out my apartment and a couple of others with the same problem. We now have to wait until the next rain to see if all is fixed! When we know and all has dried out they will come back and re paint for me. They have been really good about this problem, explaining what they would do etc and why they could not paint yet - very happy with them.

Was at the little shop today - some other local people were just coming in as i left. Prices are still good as is stock. Did not see any sign of cigarettes or alcohol, but will ask next time i am there. He has Nestle chocolate spread (okay, a luxury, but sometimes you need a treat) which made me very happy as it is nut free!!!! (unlike so many others).
The 'new' gardener / handy man is lovely, sorry but I cannot pronounce his name so will write it down next time. He is kind, friendly and very helpful.

We had a herd of 100+ goats here yesterday which was lovely, they have not been around for a while. Me and Valleyboys' neighbours were real saddos watching them from our balconies - so cute and much healthier looking than the Omani goats.

Best news of all - So far no rain today!!

Offline valleyboy

Deliktas news update
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 13:48:24 PM »
Glad to hear Manzara are performing well for you Joanna, they were really good when we had the internal problem, they just need a little "push" now and again, but that's quite normal I think.

The little shop sounds really good, saves us "carless" people walking down to the other two further down, or to our favourite "cow shop" in Tasyaka ! for odds & ends.

We love the goats too, you're right it's a charming sight, with the price increases I'm surprised not more are getting hijacked, or "goatjacked".

Glad to hear it's stopped raining for you.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Deliktas news update
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 16:01:19 PM »
Where is Deliktas please?
[?]

Offline miaspyro

Deliktas news update
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 16:27:23 PM »
Deliktas is in fethiye, with the otogar on your right hand side, turn left at the traffic lights, just before the shop with the life size cow outside turn right, you are now enterering the Deliktas area.  Not good at directions but it gives you the general idea.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Deliktas news update
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 18:19:14 PM »
Thank you. I can picture where it is now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Deliktas news update
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 18:40:13 PM »
I know where Deliktas is and I couldn't work it out from Maria's directions :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf