Author Topic: Coach Trip  (Read 5327 times)

Offline alybaba

Coach Trip
« on: March 19, 2010, 18:46:28 PM »
Popular tea time program has been showing turkey this week think there is three altogether on channel four

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Coach Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 20:41:11 PM »
Taped it today, watched it when I got back.  Not a good advert for Turkey so far.  They were taken to a Turkish Bath that had see through glass windows in the changing rooms, the place was dirty and the girls did not like the way the male attendants gave them a Turkish bath.  Next, they had a meal and asked for butter with the bread and were told by the travel guide, Brendan "They don't have butter in Turkey" then they went for Turkish tea and said it was bitter and needed milk in it.  Istanbul on Monday, saw a prevue where they went to the Blue Mosque and complained  that it smelt of cheesey feet!! Oh dear, will look forward to seeing what else they did not like.

Offline cheers

Coach Trip
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 20:49:58 PM »
This is 'Coach Trip'!  For anyone who hasn't watched it, it is about a coach load of random people who spend their time cooped up in a coach all day taken to places they would never go to in a million years!  They find anything wrong with anything!  Get on each others nerves, they are obnoxious to each other and then they vote to see who they 'boot' off the coach!
TV at its worst!!!  So it doesn't surprise me that they did not show Turkey in a very good light!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Coach Trip
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 23:32:00 PM »
i have watched this programme for ages great viewing.the hotel they stayed at was terrible,it showed turkey in good and bad points.
but each to their own

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Coach Trip
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 23:57:07 PM »
The problem with these programmes is that there are so many people who have a preconceived idea of Turkey, and it is so far from the truth, but they watch things like this and it confirms their views. The hotel was awful, a shaver point in the bathroom literally hanging on the end of it's wire, wash basin not even attached to the wall, glass in the bathroom caked in years of dried water staining. That is exactly what I thought hotels in Turkey would be like before I actually visited the place. Why can't people just once appear on a British programme like this and stay at Hillside or Club Letoonia?

All that however pales into insignificance when compared to one of my real, long standing pet hates. Why is it British people see Ahmet and say ARK-MED? Drives me bloody insane that!!!

Offline cheers

Coach Trip
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 00:08:29 AM »
Scunner you are obviously losing your PATIENCE!!  Does it have anything to do with lack of Sun??

Offline friar tuck

Coach Trip
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 07:32:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

The problem with these programmes is that there are so many people who have a preconceived idea of Turkey, and it is so far from the truth, but they watch things like this and it confirms their views. The hotel was awful, a shaver point in the bathroom literally hanging on the end of it's wire, wash basin not even attached to the wall, glass in the bathroom caked in years of dried water staining. That is exactly what I thought hotels in Turkey would be like before I actually visited the place. Why can't people just once appear on a British programme like this and stay at Hillside or Club Letoonia?

All that however pales into insignificance when compared to one of my real, long standing pet hates. Why is it British people see Ahmet and say ARK-MED? Drives me bloody insane that!!!

Feeling poorly I am agreeing with scunner yet again, spot on  :o

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Coach Trip
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

they went to the Blue Mosque and complained  that it smelt of cheesey feet!!

I was talking with a colleague earlier this week and he said exactly the same thing.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Coach Trip
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 10:21:16 AM »
This programme seems to be made on the cheap.  All the Hotels they have been to in
the countries visited seem cheap and down market.  One place looked like a hostel
and they were all complaining about cockroaches in their rooms.   I think the programme makers are
more interested in the relationships with the passengers rather than paying out for
decent accommodation.   This particular programme is just Big Brother on wheels.
Incidentally, it's also on in the mornings about 10.40am.  I Sky plus it and watch
it at lunchtime. Dying to see what they make of Istanbul.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Coach Trip
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
There was a sign behind someone being interviewed, showing the name of the hotel with two stars beside it. I wonder if the producers set the hotel requirements by stars rather than price. If so, a 2 star in Turkey is not going to match a 2 star in Switzerland or Austria. It was stretching the imagination to work out how it gained two stars, even in Turkey.

At least the voting process has taken care of Channel 4's obsession with having 50%+ of their "reality" show contestants being homosexual/bisexual/trans this or trans that. I've no problem with it myself, couldn't care less but it's the same in whatever they do, Big Brother etc. - where's the reality! They should rename this Mincing Trip - the angry mincy guy trying to start trouble on the coach with the other gay guy was quite good :D

As for the Leeds fan who appears to have anorexia, I wish they'd vote him off. So skinny and weak that he seems unable to muster the strength to open his eyelids fully. He needs a good meal. [:o]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf