Author Topic: Banned from TLF!!!!!  (Read 12043 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Banned from TLF!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
Yep. Mrs KKOB goes on it most days to read the rumours.  : :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 13:49:58 PM by KKOB »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 10:26:56 AM »
I got a message from them Saturday saying that someone had tried to log in to my account five times with no success (even I can't remember my password it's been that long).

Someone must be desperate to get back on Eric ;-)

Offline patrice

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 14:09:26 PM »
Oh strange I had a similar email last week stoop  ???

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 15:08:16 PM »
Went to log on to TLF today (Turkish Living Forum) and found I was banned.  The reason given was "No specific reason"????? duration of ban - "forever"??????

All that over 1 post critisising them for showing a swim with dolphins advert and also telling them how they could prevent it from happening again.  In total I have made 2 posts on TLF, is this a record for being banned from a forum?

Well their loss not mine, it was a boring site anyway  ;)  Seems the person who owns the site can't take critisism, can't give a reason and also supports ventures involving dolphins.  He is obviously making money from those adverts and he has no scruples about doing it.

Not a record I'm afraid Eric, I was banned after ONE post, from an " Outlander " site last week after being critical re. some stupid Yank claiming that Scots and Irish were one and the same !! Quite happy really, as far as I'm concerned they can shove their site ( with a shillelagh) , as far as they like, it's a crap site also, with Yankee members believing , for the silliest reasons, that they are ALL really Scottish,  !! SLAINTHE !!

Offline simpsons

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 15:37:40 PM »
I once got banned for a week on TLF, because one 'childish' member (who is also a member on CBF) decided to resort to calling me disgusting and derogatory names on the open forum. When I retaliated (which I shouldn't have  done) and he knew he couldn't win the argument. he went crying to the mods  accusing me of all sorts including being racial (which as anyone who knows me, knows I am definitely not), hence, I was banned for 1 week. What really annoyed me, was that nothing was done to him. When I got my account back, whenever I posted on TLF, he would always reply smuggly reminding me of my ban. I complained to the mods and the administrator about this harassment, but nothing was done about him.
As I say, this person is also a member on this site, so I am now a bit wary on what I post on this site, in case he pops up and tries it again.
Just thought you needed to know.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 15:41:30 PM »
I once got banned for a week on TLF, because one 'childish' member (who is also a member on CBF)

Now then, how many guesses do we need for this one?   :)

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 15:49:15 PM »
I think I know who you are referring to Simpsons. I was a moderator on that site. About 6 or 7 years ago 4 of us resigned as moderators when we failed to get backing from the owner to put a stop to a lot of trouble being caused by 2 or 3 nasty individuals. I haven't been on the site since then.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 16:07:19 PM »
I once got banned for a week on TLF, because one 'childish' member (who is also a member on CBF)

Now then, how many guesses do we need for this one?    :)

JF

Well, before certain people start pointing the finger at me, I've never heard of the site!  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 22:09:30 PM »

Now then, how many guesses do we need for this one?    :)

JF

Well with more than 10 000 members of CBF I'd like more than 10 000 guesses please because I have absolutely no idea who this person might be  ;)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 22:15:11 PM »
I wasn't me!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf