Author Topic: Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 16:08:07 PM »
We got these overpaid foreign coaches when we gave up on English coaches as I remember! Harry Redknapp I could go with but not old turkey neck!!!

Offline dulux

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 18:33:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

We got these overpaid foreign coaches when we gave up on English coaches as I remember! Harry Redknapp I could go with but not old turkey neck!!!

Very true. So where do we go from here? Whoever replaces Capello if he goes still has the same choice of English players that he has had and lets face it he has played a hell of a lot of players leading up to the finals..With the old guard getting past it who do we have in all honesty to replace them that will be "better".If the current crop of players cannot do it who do we have that can.I think after watching the World Cup we are a long way behind the best of them and will be for a very long time.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 19:39:21 PM »
Looking back I have given up on thinking that England were just rubbish. I think the national team just can't score when they need to - they put pressure on themselves (and always have) with the total inability to get that second goal for a bit of breathing space. When beating the USA idiot Heskey was one on one with the keeper and shot straight at him. Had he scored we were cruising, confidence high for a 4-0 demolition of Algeria and play out the last game in second gear. Sadly as I said, we never manage to take the chances and turn the pressure down and coast half a game. We always end up unable to pass the ball 10 yards because of the immense burden the players are carrying which increases as time ticks away. To be honest we were very, very poor in South Africa but we are traditionally unlucky too. Capello is right, had Lampard's goal stood against Germany we were suddenly ascending and it is quite possible we could have won and gone through - we were pulled apart mainly because we were desperately stretched trying to score at the other end. In reality, Germany deserved to go through and if Lampard's goal had stood and we did go on to win the match it would have been a travesty as Germany deserved to progress and we simply didn't. It was almost a relief to go out thrashed, rather than in a penalty lottery again.

The point is, I think we have genetic and mental problems with our national team and I can't see Capello, Redknapp, Hodgson or anyone else sorting them out anytime soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf