Author Topic: Residency From Mugla In One Day  (Read 3261 times)

Offline crazydave

Residency From Mugla In One Day
« on: September 07, 2010, 20:56:18 PM »
Hi does anyone know if its possible to get residency in one day by going direct to Mugla with someone Turkish ? if so could you please let me have the details, Woody
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 21:02:40 PM by crazydave »

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 16:49:10 PM »
Hi Woody - I used Baris when I did mine - we still needed to do all the running around in Fethiye - but once the passport police had all the paperwork in order they called to tell me to pick it up and take it Mugla.  I arrived in Mugla at 9am and by 12.30 I was on my way back with my residency in my hand.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 18:59:14 PM »
kizkucuk, how long did the passport police take to get the paperwork in order please?

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 22:29:19 PM »
They were quick - I took it on Tuesday about closing time and they rang on Thursday to say I could go to Mugla on Friday.   It took a couple of days to do the running around in Fethiye but I could have done it quicker if I'd had my own transport and hadn't been trying to sort out furniture, phone, internet, tax etc....... all about the same time.  There is a really good guide to what you need to do and where you need to go on the Fethiye Times website.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 13:31:09 PM »
Thank you kizkucuk  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 16:38:47 PM »
Sandy....may I ask when you did this?  I understand that Residency is all being handled in Fethiye now and Mugla is not involved. I have just completed my renewal in Fethiye and it has taken just over six weeks to complete....probably just on six allowing for the seker Bayram break. I was told that there is no fast track system in operation currently but did not persue this as there was no rush for me. So if this is the case beware if you are looking for/need a quickie :)

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 18:34:27 PM »
I am confused. A friend told me that she just got a renewal for her residence visa done in Fethiye in a day. She just presented her little blue book and they did it. Why would it take 6 weeks for a renewal ? Surely all the checks (or whatever they do when you apply first time) do not need to be done. I would be interested to hear any other experiences.

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
I don't think your friend was telling the truth. You still need to prove you have a place to live in the province, have a means of financial support, pay the money at the tax office and get the application stamped and signed.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »
I just renewed my residency. Same as 1st time except now you have to also have your kimlik number and take it to Nufus to be entered on computer with proof of your address. They then give you a paper which you take to your Muhtar.
Passport police told me it would be processed and returned in about 4 to 6 weeks

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 14:46:20 PM »
I did my first application last November. Have a friend who did theirs in March 2010 too the same way. If anyone has done this more recenlty perhaps they could clarify.   :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf