Author Topic: A sackable offense  (Read 962 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A sackable offense
« on: October 09, 2010, 15:31:59 PM »
I agree with the person who posted on the BBC website, that playing for a 0 - 0 draw should be a sackable offense for a manager at any level of football.

Did Craig Levein even consider that the Tartan Army had paid a wedge of money to go and support their team when he served up that rubbish.

Its' shameful and outrageous:(:(:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A sackable offense
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 16:49:49 PM »
But when Rangers did it (and managed to play it out for the entire match) at Old Trafford, it generally accepted as good tactics. I fear the backlash Levien is getting is because they didn't ultimately pull it off. A 0-0 draw would have been well received for Scotland in that group I believe.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A sackable offense
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 20:10:25 PM »
Maybe a 0 - 0 draw might have been a good result for Scotland but there are other ways of going about that. To offer no attacking threat whatsoever guaranteed the Czech Republic a draw which they might have considered a good result for them before the game started give their previous results.

I didn't see the Rangers v Man United game, but I understand that Rangers at least played with one man in a forward position. In any event, two wrongs certainly don't make a right in my opinion.

If he had wanted a draw, I would have much preferred it if Craig Levein had adopted the Danny Blanchflower philosophy of trying to equalize before the opposition scored.

Offline ronzeus

A sackable offense
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 13:46:08 PM »
Come on Keith !you should know that as an honoury jock we take great delight in being unlucky losers going down all guns blazing playing attractive football ,that was an utter disgrace.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf