Author Topic: Visa change  (Read 4742 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Visa change
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:10:43 AM »
They have said that they wanted it in place for this summer.  Assuming that there is 3 months notice the decision should be imminent.  There are people who come for 6 months and spend 6 months in the UK under the new rules they would need residency. The residency costs are higher for Uk citizens than they are for other european countries so they are also discussing a reduction in the price of residency too. All you can do is watch this space.

Offline lewis.wensley

Visa change
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 20:55:22 PM »

for those of us who spend 5-6 months of the year in turkey, and then the latter part of that back in the uk.....this is a real problem... due to the fact that no 1: we dont fit into the catogary of "tourist" no2: nor do we fit into "resident".... surely it would make sense to offer people  what they want..... ie: live there (cheaper residancy).... 3 months (toursit visa..£10) and then  for those who wanted to be out there longer ie: 6 months or so, they could offer, and then charge appropiatly, a 6 months visa... at the desk......which iam sure would benifit everyone.... claiming residency for me simply isnt an option, i spend longer in the uk (my country of residency) so therefor why would i claim to be resident in a country that iam not????? but on the other hand why should we be limited to the time we can spemd over there.... many of us have purchased properties... and would like to use them when we can..... i do understand that they are wanting to bring everything "in line" with what other countries do....  
i just dont see how bringing in the  "new rule" would benifit "everyone".....
regards
jo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf