Author Topic: Bobby Moore OBE  (Read 912 times)

Offline BM06

Bobby Moore OBE
« on: February 24, 2011, 13:13:47 PM »
18 years to day the late great Bobby Moore left us :o always remembered never forgotten RIP Sir Bobby, a couple of quotes that will stay with me forever, Sir Alf '' my captain,my leader,my right hand man,he was the spirit and the heartbeat of the team, A cool,calculating footballer I could trust with my life, he was the supreme professional, the best I ever worked with, without him England would never had won the world cup''  and the classic from the late great, Jock Stein CBE '' There should be a law against him, he knows whats happening 20 minutes before everyone else'' RIP Sir Bobby.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Bobby Moore OBE
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 20:33:20 PM »
Watched Mooro many times steve and he was without doubt my all time idol.Read the game so well.

This quote from his good friend Jimmy Tarbuck at the memorial service " God was arranging a footy match in heaven and needed a captain so up went Bobby moore "
                                                      A true legend- Badger  ( A Hammer since 1962 )

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Bobby Moore OBE
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 21:54:04 PM »
A very valuable reminder BM06 thanks.

You didn't need to be a Hammers fan to know that Bobby Moore was the greatest player and leader of men ever to pull on an England shirt. I still treasure the England programme I have signed by the great man himself. Not only a great footballer but one of life's great gentleman. Saddest thing for me was that he never really got the recognition, and indeed the rewards, he deserved after he stopped playing .. a great injustice.

I don't mind admitting that on the day the news announced that he had died, I had to pull the car over as I shed more than a tear at the passing of both a legendary footballer and man.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Bobby Moore OBE
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 22:12:22 PM »
The total respect that Pele showed him after the 1970 World Cup Game tells you all you need to know about the great Bobby Moore.

Taken way too soon.

Offline BM06

Bobby Moore OBE
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 22:44:34 PM »
Thanks for the posts guys as you say a gentleman and my hero, I actually modeled my own game on the skills and timing of the great man..........but the nearest I got was, we had the same hair style :) :).... so many memories of Bobby I could write a book, Geoff, my first game involving Bobby was the quarter final in '66' WC against Argentina, been a Hammer ever since, on Dads shoulders up the north bank, peanut shells everywhere, and what was that smell? LOL, the good old days, where has the time gone!, I can remember him going in goal against stoke I think? before the days of a substitute keeper, and he saved a penalty, Quality, 18 years ago seems like only yesterday.

Offline fletch

Bobby Moore OBE
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 20:02:35 PM »
Not only did I get to go to watch West Ham Utd every other week at the Boleyn ground but as a youngster the players used to present our medals to us at the end of season party. That was a time when players at the top level truely were part of the community.

My dear old Mum has got photo's of me with Trevor Brooking, Bobby Moore, Clyde Best etc. Hair on my shoulders and dressed in a pink floral shirt with matching tie (elasticated)Mmmmm Sexy!

Although a rank Gooner, I always keep an eye out for the Hammers score.

R.I.P. Bobby Moore, the true gentleman of football.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf