Author Topic: Golden Moon or Tugay Hotel?  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Groovegal

Golden Moon or Tugay Hotel?
« on: February 27, 2011, 18:45:48 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. I am looking to book for a holiday in Calis at teh end of May and I am trying to choose where to stay.  I'm on a tight budget as I'm a student right now and have found both the hotels above are in my price range and seem to have good reviews.

I have stayed at the Golden Moon in 2005 for my Honeymoon and thought it was lovely.  My hubby and I would love to know if a restaurant called the Orient Express still exists as it served the best steaks we ever had it was very close to the Golden Moon we also wondered if we chose the other hotel is it near this restaurant at all?  As we would love to visit it with the memories it held for us as newlyweds. Finding it very hard to figure out using a map seems like Calis is a big place.

Any regulars help would be brilliant
Thanks in advance
Siobhan :D

Offline Steve A

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 20:03:06 PM »
I think Calis is a bigger place than in 2005 but its not what I would call a big place.I have never stayed at either hotel but would say that location wise the Golden Moon is very central,within 5 mins walk of the centre(if there is one)of Calis.The Tugay is further back from the seafront but is only 5 mins walk to the end of the prom,probs a 15 min leisurely stroll to the Orient which I think is undergoing refurb but will open for the season.

Offline Groovegal

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 20:14:22 PM »
Thanks Steve that is very helpful to know I just seen some posts when searching the forum about the Orient being shut for refurb any idea when it reopens?

I looked on Google Maps and it looked as though if we stayed at the Tugay it would be nowhere near close enough to go to the Orient so thats brilliant news  :)

If you dont mind me asking what hotels have you stayed at and how do did you find them?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 20:23:49 PM »
We pass the Tugay every night when going down to the seafront.  It's not that far from the restaurants along the prom at all.
It looks like a lovely Hotel and is always very busy.  There is a dolmus stop if you don't want to walk.
Tugay looks a lot more peaceful if you want a quiet night's sleep, no noise from the B52. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 20:25:07 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Groovegal

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 20:30:03 PM »
Hi Jacqui thats great to hear.  Toying with a few front runners in terms of hotels have to admit Im surprised there seem to be so many well liked very reasonably priced hotels in the area

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 23:15:08 PM »
Jacqui I can't comment on the the Tugay hotel but my family and friends have stopped at the Goldenmoon for years my son got married there, the rooms are spotless the staff very proffesional.
mark

Offline Brucat

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 07:00:50 AM »
We have stayed at both of these hotels  and both are excellent. The Golden Moon is more centrally located than the Tugay.
Whichever you choose you will have a great time

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 17:18:14 PM »
Havent stayed in any hotels I have a villa and know the area a little bit so its location only I can comment on.I have been looking for accomodation for someone recently so looked at them all and e mailed them all for prices etc so should still have a few e mail addresses etc if you need them

Offline Groovegal

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 21:03:04 PM »
Thanks Brucat looking at the map the Golden Moon looked to be well located

Steve that would be great PM any you have

Offline tel

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 16:36:56 PM »
Groovegal enjoy your holiday.
Welcome to the forum Meesh and any introduction info.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf