Author Topic: Bankers (not rhyming slang)  (Read 776 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Bankers (not rhyming slang)
« on: March 08, 2011, 20:05:27 PM »
Late Saturday night I went on line to book a short break in Marrakech but was told by the travel company that they could not  deal with my request at that time, so I went to bed a bit hacked off. On Sunday I was taking someone out to dinner so I went to a cash point to get some cash and had my debit card refused, so no dinner. I went home and rang the bank and was told that my card was stopped as they thought the Marrakech trip was a fraudulent transaction so they blocked my card. I told the bank that it was genuine and that I would rebook the trip today and they took the block off the card. I booked the trip this morning and everything went through ok, this afternoon I did a big shop in the co-op and you guessed it, my card was blocked again. I had to leave all the food behind, came back and rang the bank and guess what, yes, thats it, they thought they saw another fraudulent  transaction, even though I told them about it the day before.
It must be national "Pi55 off the nice guy day"

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 20:56:55 PM »
Stupid or what? I can understand them blocking the transaction if it was being used in Marrakech but why block it when it's being used in your home town?

Surely in this day and age they can tell where it is being used?

I rang my cc provider before we went to Oz and NZ the other week and the first time I used the card, in a Thai restaurant, it was declined as they did not have chip and pin. Then after this happened a second time I made sure that I asked to enter my pin in the machine and it worked every time.

I like the fact they have these security measures but your experience would have me changing banks I think.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 21:56:22 PM »
" like the fact they have these security measures but your experience would have me changing banks I think."

If it wasn't for the overdraft which I cant pay back at the moment I would.  ;) 8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 22:01:56 PM »
lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf