Author Topic: Capello releases five players  (Read 1932 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Capello releases five players
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
Ghana have sold 23000 tickets for this game and they could of sold a lot more its the largest away support at wembley since we played Scotland in the 90's

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Capello releases five players
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
I tagged these thoughts onto the end of the Wales England thread a couple of days ago, but they are probably more relevant here

quote:
usedbustickets

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2011 :  14:24:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  Delete Reply
Tinks you're right on the sold out because of real football fans, in this case of the Ghanain variety, which is one of the best supported teams in the world. The FA usually struggle to fill wembley for a friendly, but with the Ghana team in town, I'm sure that the large Ghanaian population in London will be there in great numbers hence the sellout.

Which leads onto the fact that Ghana will be treating this game as far more important than just a friendly, as every team from a football emerging nation tends to do, beat England at Wembley, particularly team from the old British empire (for any sport that is!!). Which is another reason why that poor excuse for an England Manager should go with as much of the first choice team as possible, and not make wholesale changes from the Wales game. Well certainly not for the first 60 minutes or so. If he does I think we can look forward to a very competitive and enjoyable game.

And please don't get me started on Rooney needing a break this summer which is why he went for the yellow card. How many more breaks does he need, after the holiday break with the family in Dubai - post extra marital brass bashing - then time at Camp Nike, then the continuing injury lay off, I recokn he's had more time off than Sicknote Anderton

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf