Author Topic: Sludge on the beach at Olu Deniz  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Roy

Sludge on the beach at Olu Deniz
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »
I saw an article on the forum recently but couldn't find it again. As someone commented that last year, again, the beach at Olu Deniz was contaminated with the discharges from the tour boats' toilets on numerous occasions. It usually appeared about an hour or so after the boats leave. Depending on how rough the sea was it sometimes laid for a few hours. I actually told a young mother whose child was playing in it what it was and she quickly removed him, thinking it was seaweed! I've also seen this sludge at Kidrak and Gemile. I think it's absolutely disgusting that the boat owners can do this and continue to get away with it, for a lot of years now, causing what is obviously a health hazard to people in the water, as well being visually obnoxious.This is doing Olu Deniz no favours at all, particularly when it is one of the main pictures on tourist adverts for Turkey. Can anything be done about this? Who is the person or department to contact? The Mayor, the Zabita, Belediye or who? Does anyone know?[:(!]

Offline Bim

Sludge on the beach at Olu Deniz
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
It seen some crap from the boats thrown over or floating... talk about a health hazzard! I will be watching the waves from any
Un Floating Objects (UFO,S)Un Foating !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf