Author Topic: student host family deported?  (Read 5726 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
student host family deported?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 16:06:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fastlady

I'm pretty sure that English & More will soon let you all know the situation however, in the meantime, and in an effort to dispel any rumours, I can shed some light on the situation.

The person involved was deported because, when completing her application for residency the wrong information was submitted, which suggested that she was a teacher, employed by English & More, and not a host family.  As I understand it, the directors and accountants of English & More were quickly despatched to Gunlukbasi police station, armed with all manner of documentation to prove that the person was NOT employed as a teacher.  Whilst the police accepted what was being said, unfortunately, it seems that once 'the order has been given' there is no stopping it!  English & More were most helpful to the deportee who has been advised that, rather than having to stay out of Turkey for a year, as is the norm, if an application is submitted to the Turkish Consulate in London, it will be viewed most favourably.  I haven't had an update yet as to what has happened with the Consulate in the past few days.
English & More are keen to point out that being a Host Family is quite acceptable by the Turkish Government and is not considered 'working' and thence there is no need for anyone to panic unnecessarily.

That sounds more plausible.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 16:20:59 PM »
Less interesting round the EPK table though you have to admit.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 16:40:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Less interesting round the EPK table though you have to admit.

:D

Offline Fastlady

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 17:17:09 PM »
Sorry 'EPK' table??

Offline Eric

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 17:20:47 PM »
Ex Pat Knobheads!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 17:23:10 PM »
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Offline Fastlady

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 17:25:20 PM »
Ahh....all becomes clear.  Sorry, I obviously don't know any....(yeah, right! lol)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 22:35:41 PM »
Thanks for the clarification about why they were deported. What a horrible thing to happen and let's hope it all is resolved for them soon

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »
Am I the only forum member who is still slightly uneasy about this issue?

Fastlady "shed some light on the situation" but as yet English&More have not contributed the further information she suggested would be forthcoming shortly.

Stoops reply adddressed the legality of letting rooms, but I understood meals were also provided to students. Does this not alter the situation?

This sad deportation is being mentioned in another thread to promote paid assistance in completing residency documentation.

Would it not be helpful if English&More shared the official documentation authorising the paid hosting of students ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
I have to agree - the issue (and this topic) has not been concluded and CBF members with English & More connections have chosen to read it, remain silent and move on. I'm not particularly interested but they should be - they are trying to find temporary homes for students and which ex-pats are going to risk their dream retirement in the sun to help them now? It appears to me that the person accused has had their life and future obliterated and even though they were only giving a legally acceptable service, they were thrown out like a criminal.

English & More should explain why their language skills weren't good enough to help this poor individual. Would you take the risk of giving a student somewhere to stay now? I certainly wouldn't, now or ever.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf