Author Topic: How to get high blood pressure instantly.  (Read 896 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
How to get high blood pressure instantly.
« on: July 13, 2011, 19:52:45 PM »
I was in Aberdeen today and whilst my daughter was having a beauty treatment I took my Granddaughter around the shops.  We went into T.K.Maxx.  Whilst looking around I saw a toy she might like, she did and so with my other purchases we went to the till.  The toy which was contained in a cardboard box, I placed  it on the counter.  I started to unpack it and told the girl I would give it to my Granddaughter to play with in her pram.  The bottom of the toy was attached to the base with plastic coated thin wire.  I was having a job removing it so I asked the girl did she have a pair of scissors?  "We are not allowed to have scissors behind the counter, because of health and safety issues, she told me.  I said to her "Are they frightened you will cut yourselves"  She just smiled.  I continued to battle with the toy.  I asked her "Is there a pair of scissors in the whole of the shop I could use"  she told me "Sorry, we don't have them".  What is the Nannie State doing to this country!! [:(!]:-\

I then went into the Disney Store, an American owned firm, and we all know that Americans don't give a fig about being Eco Friendly.  I got my purchase, a small pair of slippers, and was asked did I want a bag? of course, then it's 5p.  I informed the girl that if I bought something I expected a bag and having this said bag and carrying it around would advertise her Company she told me the Disney Store was trying to be Eco Friendly.  This is something I do not believe.  I would buy a bag if the money was being ploughed back into making the country more Eco Friendly, but I know it's just filling the coffers of the Disney Corporation. :([:(!]  I might say I have been in the Disney Store in N.Y. and they give you bags with every purchase without any payment being asked for.:-\
Rant Over. :-\
Just as well I got some bargains for myself today, and they all came with free bags, which I will re-cycle.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 19:55:41 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 20:09:14 PM »
Good.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 22:24:57 PM »
t k maxx use to be the same over bags and i refused to pay the 1p price they charged and i use to complain online to the head office and now they do not charge
i agree with the store over the scissors issue, you don't expect a cashier to always be equipped with scissers

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 22:41:26 PM »
Most shops have a pair of scissors behind the counter in case a customer wants to wear an item and needs the tags removed.
I had an Antique Shop and always kept scissors in case a customer wanted a label off an item. I also used to gift wrap, which required the use of scissors... Strangely enough I was quite safe with them and never cut myself.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »
It would appear a lot of companies attempt to be more eco friendly is seen as a profit opportunity rather than something to do with social conscience. And before we condemn them we should consider that successive governments employ the same logic.

For years the eco initiatives the government has employed surrounds the levying of extra taxes of non eco practises and a fraction given back for eco practises. I believe their strategy is to gain from it.

Whilst I'm on my soap box I feel they employ a similar strategy with policing. They will put as much resource as necessary into those areas where wrong doing can be taxed through fines. Motoring is a good example of this. But a council estate overrun by yobs making a misery of the lifes of fellow residents is something they simply never appear to have the resource for. Even when something is finally done the louts (who cannot be fined as they don't have any money) are given no more than a slap on the wrists because the government doesn't want to spend any more money on our already over crowed prisons[:(!]

There, rant over. Sorry for straying off topic a bit Jacqui :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf