Author Topic: A Bad Dolmus Ride  (Read 5734 times)

Offline brianthegardener

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:20:31 AM »
i had a ride from hell on a dolmus last night .. so bad i have wrote to Alo.179 to complain about the ride ... the letter is below...

Dear sir or madam,

I write to complain about a dolmus ride i had on the evening of 15th July 2011.

I boarded the dolmus in Ovacik near to Monte Verdi Hotel .. the dolmus was full so standing room only, i counted at one point 34 people on the dolmus including myself but not including the driver. .. is this legal to have so many people riding on the dolmus.?

At the entrance of the dolmus was a "child" taking the fair, supposedly 1.90 tl, i gave him 2 tl and got no change back of him .. i noticed he was charging a lot of the people 2 tl per head when as i said it is supposed to be 1.90 tl for the journey, Is this legal to "over charge" like this  .. a nice little earner this is. ! ..??

While we were on the dolmus the driver was driving " erratically",  very fast and breaking very hard so making people standing " push and shove" each other ... not a pleasant experience ... is this legal to drive like this .. reckless.?

The driver, at one point, was driving while on his mobile phone, the conversation was heated as at times he was "shouting" down the phone .. is this legal to drive and talk on the mobile phone. ?

When we got to the top end of Hisaronu the "child, a boy of about 10 years of age, who had collected the fair" shouted " Hisaronu, last stop" ..
most people got off but i noticed 4 lads and 1 girl who were still seated, along with me,  ... the child asked where these lads were going they said Oludeniz, the final stop of the journey as signed on the window of the dolmus .. the child then asked the girl, she replied Oludeniz..he asked me and i replied Robin hood Restaurant, which is the turning point for the dolmus to go to Oludeniz ... at this point there was a squealing of tyres as we set off on what can only be described as a " roller coaster " of a ride .. i felt i was having to hang on to the back of the seat in front off me for my life. ... to drive like this, is it legal.?

I was glad to get of the dolmus .. i was physically shaking .. should members of the public have to go through what i did to as above to get from one point to another .?

I did not get the name of the driver but i did take a photo of the registration number of the dolmus which is attached to this e- mail.

PLEASE can this e- mail be accepted as my letter of complaint.

Will now wait and see what reply i get.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:48:08 AM »
I wonder if this is the same driver that frightened the c out of my Husband, and his mates, on a switchback ride to Kaya one evening.  4 hairy arsed men almost in tears by the time they arrived at the hotel.

Offline screamlead

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »
Think most of us going up to oviacik/hisaranu during the summer season may have experienced somthing like this. Going up there one early evening same thing - speed of lightning up the hill towards the shell garage then crawler gear on the way into hisaranu. Dolmus already full of tourists on the new and improved rip off summer season price and no change by the said 'child conductor'. But best of it was picking up a brit family of 11 including pushchair and kids bringing total to about 26 bodies in all. About time the Jandarma were posted at other points allong the road besides before the shell garage as its always after there the eagle eyed pratts start filling up.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
Our place is by the shell garage but we would rather pay the extra 3tl as it was last year for a taxi. The dolmus takes too long as they crawl up the road looking up all the side roads looking for more passengers, by the time you get off you are wet through with sweat and squashed to death. Sitting with your head in someones sweaty armpit all journey is not a pleasant experience.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
I enjoyed reading your post Brian clearly more than you enjoyed the experience - hope you get a reply - if not you know the phone number and they do speak good English. :D

Offline brianthegardener

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 18:14:32 PM »
well ive now had a reply from the Alo 179 team ...

First of all thanks for informing us about the problems about dolmuses. Of course we  accept your mail as letter of complaint. As it is weekend now we can not send your complaint to formal places because they dont work at the weekends. But you can be sure that we will do something to solve this problem on monday.
(..179TEAM..)

its a step in the right direction.

Offline col

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 07:21:24 AM »
Brian. Hope you get a positive response for this, as I could see how you were after the dolmus ride. Hpe the night at Cubana helped in a small way. Best of luck

Offline wolvesfan

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
Good luck to you Brian. I recently complained to Alo 179 about a boat trip. They will ask the relevant authority to look into this. You can expect to be asked a load more questions like, what time was it, exactly how many people were on the bus, how fast was he driving, how long was he on the phone. Why did you no ask for a receipt. They will contact you back. Expect a reply something like "The driver says he was not on the phone and was not overloaded and was not driving fast".

Offline Harmless

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »
Well, I am hopefulthat they will do something as they have replied already and the dolmus is a controlled local service

Offline brianthegardener

A Bad Dolmus Ride
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 19:09:01 PM »
Col ... your right i was well upset when i rrived for the quiz, and rightly so, but yes your right, your quiz did help the night .. especialy when i was on the winning team.:D

Woolvesfan ... they can ask me as many questions as they like.. ive given them a lot of the answers in my - mail to them .. but if they want more so be it.

Harmless .. you are quite right ... the dolmus service IS regulated, i/we just want the regulations enforced ... this guy obviously doesnt know or want to know the regulations .. IF justice is seen to be observed the regulating body SHOULD now enforce the regulations, but we will wait and see if they do.

Thank you for your support and contributions to this post of mine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 19:09:47 PM by brianthegardener »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf