Author Topic: Getting a landline and ADSL  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Getting a landline and ADSL
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 01:04:35 AM »
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Offline screamlead

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 08:32:36 AM »
Just upgraded mine here in Kemer - i was on a 2mb line but found it was a bit slow as her indoors was watching a live trial from USA so upgraded to the 8mb package. A bit steep but unlimited usage for what i need. Its also UPTO 8 mb line so not had much 8 mb speed seems to peak around 6 mb. Line slows down a lot when all the kids are on gaming down here too.
No worries at all except i did set it up to pay online but it never worked as it wouldnt accept my debit cards for some reason so dont even get a posted bill now so i pop in either a fatura bank or the post office with an old bill and pay that way.

Offline CaroleandTayfun

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
I do so love the informative posts on this forum so, I have a couple of questions:

1.  What happens if you sign for a minimum contract and you decide to return to UK before the period ends?
2.  What happens if you decide to move house before the minimum contract ends - do you have to take out a new contract or simply transfer the service?
3.  With a dongle, is it possible to just use one sporadically or do you need to keep it topped up each month?

Thanks - I know I'll get the right answers from you lot

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 11:37:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CaroleandTayfun

I do so love the informative posts on this forum so, I have a couple of questions:

1.  What happens if you sign for a minimum contract and you decide to return to UK before the period ends?
2.  What happens if you decide to move house before the minimum contract ends - do you have to take out a new contract or simply transfer the service?
3.  With a dongle, is it possible to just use one sporadically or do you need to keep it topped up each month?

We signed a 2 year contract with smile adsl and have moved twice, we took our phone munber with us and had no problem.
The contract gave me half price for the first year,after the last move we had a lot of problems loosing the connection. I told them I was going to cancel my contract which they said I could, but gave me a settlement figure, for the 10 months I had at cheap rate I had to pay full rate for.
I got the problem sorted it was not smile it was a fault on the turk telecom line
Mark

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CaroleandTayfun

I was told by the man in our local Turkcell shop that the dongle works along the same lines as a GEP sim card - it will remain open for 9 months, after that time you may have to buy another and start again! I have left our Turkcell dongle unused and not topped up for over six months before now without any problem.

He also said that any credit on there is valid for three months.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:42:50 AM by Carolyn1957 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf