Author Topic: CBF  (Read 2077 times)

Offline DianeT

CBF
« on: September 03, 2011, 16:56:22 PM »
Hope I'm right with this, if not please remove :-\

Happy 8th birthday to CBF.

Thanks to Keith and the rest of the 'bored' for doing such a fantastic job of keeping the forum what it is and for all the hard work that goes into making it so fabulous.

May the pleasure & help it gives to so many never end!!!!!

From Diane  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
CBF
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 18:05:41 PM »
Blimey Diane, thanks for the reminder - I remember 3rd September 2003, I set up the CBF after realising there were other British people interested in Calis - and really only because with every 'new' person I met, they brought another and it was really getting difficult to chat with quite a few people with email alone - and of course it meant passing and receiving info back and forth. There was *nothing* on the internet about Calis then - the Hotel Idee had a website but as I remember only in German and that was about it. My friend Terry (from Turkeyvilla, known to quite a few members here) helped set it all up and the doors opened today, 2003. It was like having a party and stressing that nobody would turn up..!

Eight years on, over 8,500 members have at some stage turned up and made this website what it is, and it must have something as 750,000 pages are viewed every single month now. I'm proud of CBF and defend it like my own child  :) - I often say I haven't ever found a discussion forum like it, and that is perhaps a compliment to me, but I meant it to be to every member, and especially to everyone who jumps onboard our various charity games and support the great causes that have their forums on here. On this special day a special thanks to the wonderful mod team, mods present and past that is, and to two people who have saved me from suicide on numerous occasions when the whole forum falls apart and I need the knowledge and support of a friend - without Steve Redding and JohnF I couldn't imagine how I'd dig the forum out of the dark holes it sometimes gets stuck in!

And the oscar goes to...  :D

Offline Lotty

CBF
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 18:43:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Blimey Diane, thanks for the reminder - I remember 3rd September 2003, I set up the CBF after realising there were other British people interested in Calis - and really only because with every 'new' person I met, they brought another and it was really getting difficult to chat with quite a few people with email alone - and of course it meant passing and receiving info back and forth. There was *nothing* on the internet about Calis then - the Hotel Idee had a website but as I remember only in German and that was about it. My friend Terry (from Turkeyvilla, known to quite a few members here) helped set it all up and the doors opened today, 2003. It was like having a party and stressing that nobody would turn up..!

Eight years on, over 8,500 members have at some stage turned up and made this website what it is, and it must have something as 750,000 pages are viewed every single month now. I'm proud of CBF and defend it like my own child  :) - I often say I haven't ever found a discussion forum like it, and that is perhaps a compliment to me, but I meant it to every member, and especially to everyone who jumps onboard our various charity games and support the great causes that have their forums on here. On this special day a special thanks to the wonderful mod team, mods present and past that is, and to two people who have saved me from suicide on numerous occasions when the whole forum falls apart and I need the knowledge and support of a friend - without Steve Redding and JohnF I couldn't imagine how I'd dig the forum out of the dark holes it sometimes gets stuck in!

And the oscar goes to...  :D

Congratulations Scunner, I haven't been a member for long but I love it! It feels like a big friendly family! We have learned so much from this forum. Thank you!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
CBF
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 19:03:49 PM »
Cor blimey double celebration day for me then, remember the very night remember our conversations on messenger " will it work won't it " well yes it has and " Well done Keith for thinking it up "

Ron   :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 19:04:58 PM by legless »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
CBF
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 19:14:19 PM »
Happy 8th birthday to CBF and a big thanks to scunner and the people he mentioned, the wonderful mod team, mods present and past that is, and to Steve Redding and JohnF.

:D

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
CBF
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 19:35:22 PM »
I'll raise me glass to the next 8 years Keith.
Well done:D

Offline scorcher

CBF
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 19:45:17 PM »
Yes indeed something good to celebrate so Happy Bithday to all involved.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
CBF
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 20:13:41 PM »
I remember it well gosh we've had some fun over the years and the   info has been invaluable.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 22:41:08 PM by stoop »

Offline ovacik2

CBF
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 20:19:32 PM »
A well done! to all founder members and all who participate now.

Respect Scunner!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
CBF
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 20:20:07 PM »
Must have ignited your interest stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf