Author Topic: Best Restaurant in Ovacik Now!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Best Restaurant in Ovacik Now!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 22:40:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

Serdars (on main drag next to Ay Barbers/market)is easily our favourite,it is a real family run business, yes the menu is simple but the food is excellent, and a point to make is that they make the best chips in Turkey, and the3 meatballs are proper too.  ten out of ten for Stefan and family.

UBT is Serdars the one opposite the Duman Hotel?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 23:47:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by adorabubble

The Yengec and 3 Cheers for old and I haven't really tried any new ones in Ovacik.

The 3 Cheers Ovacik (not Cheers in Hisaronu) for top Turkish food.  Ugur is a real Turlish food enthuisiast and it is as "authentic" as we've found in tourist land.  We do use the Yengec for good food with more than a nod to british tastes ... more "Turklish" food ... but high quality Turklish food ! (and I don't mean fish fingers etc !)

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 17:02:16 PM »
Four Seasons gets my vote....just love the beef and aubergine kebab!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
Four Seasons and Sea Breeze are definate contenders of the older restaurants, new ones tried this year that we rate are Wishing Well and Yengec.....(both close to one another near the Mirage)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:12 AM »
Yes, excellent food and prices at the `3 Cheers` I agree... but its not always about just `the food` when judging restaurants,.If only you could pick up and place `3 cheers` in a quieter location  ...its a massive problem with most of the Restaurants in Ovacik on that main road I am afraid... the continual traffic noise at night !!   :o :(  It killed the `3 Cheers` for me :-\.
 Unfortunately in Hisaronu we too have a `noise` problem in many ateas ... not traffic noise... but mega loud music . However, nowadays, we tend to seek out the quieter backwaters ( yes there are a few ) of Hisaronu,   or visit selected  chill out restaurants in Kaya [^]

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 07:29:09 AM »
Yes , the `Yengec`  :-)   we have heard about this Restaurant, and sooooo  many good all round reviews  about it ... we cant wait to try this restaurant, its next on our list but we were told one must pre book.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Yes, excellent food and prices at the `3 Cheers` I agree... but its not always about just `the food` when judging restaurants,.If only you could pick up and place `3 cheers` in a quieter location  ...its a massive problem with most of the Restaurants in Ovacik on that main road I am afraid... the continual traffic noise at night !!   :o :(  It killed the `3 Cheers` for me :-\.
 Unfortunately in Hisaronu we too have a `noise` problem in many ateas ... not traffic noise... but mega loud music . However, nowadays, we tend to seek out the quieter backwaters ( yes there are a few ) of Hisaronu,   or visit selected  chill out restaurants in Kaya [^]

Slewth. Now you have stated the obvious :) Any recommendations?

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 14:11:31 PM »
Sorry   :) gave up recommending restaurants years ago...its all personal,  but as I said, with me/ us its not always about the food... its a combination of location, staff, background music, price, food, food selection   etc.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 17:11:47 PM »
you need to give about 5 days notice for the Yengec.....and its not right on the main road, but down a quieter lane, so not noisy either :) a winner all round......

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 18:06:50 PM »
Psssst. Don't tell Sleuth !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf