Author Topic: Nevada Su Review  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Nevada Su Review
« on: September 26, 2011, 14:42:09 PM »
This may be of interest to those who maybe looking at staying there.

General:
Fairly new hotel quoted as 4 star and whose design is different from others in the area
www.nevadasuhotel.com

To the rear of the Pelin Hotel OR from the prom along past the Gunes Hotel across the main road then about 200m. Not far from Istanbul Apartment and right next to Seastar Apartments.

Guest List:
Mixture of mostly English and French with some Turkish and Dutch. Didn't see much of the French, think they were out all day on tours.

Staff:
To smiley, smiley for us. From early on their general attitude appeared to be that they expected a big tip no matter what level of service they provided. Distinct lack of overall management.

Generally very pleasant. Not many fluent in English (that's not a criticism, it only served to highlight our shocking lack of Turkish)

Reception:
Open 24 hours and very contemporary with sweeping staircases on either side of top landing. English speaking receptionists any time we were there.

Restaurant:
Modern with lots of light from large windows.

Pool:
Very good and crystal clear. Surrounding area washed regularly when we were there.

Bedroom:
Spacious with a large king sized bed which Mrs H appreciated greatly for reasons which need not detain us here. Carpetted.

Double wardrobe with top shelf and plenty of space underneath for shoes, handbags etc.; single wardrobe with two shelves and safe under (charged extra);desk type unit with small drawer and cupboard for small fridge (not installed); two bedside cabinets each with one small drawer.

TV, telephone and plenty of sockets. Hair dryer in bathroom next to wash hand basin.

Decent sized balcony - chrome and glass panelled. Two plastic chairs and small table.

Bathroom:
Large wash hand basin with hair dryer adjacent and separate socket. Large mirror, but no shelf for bits and bobs. Walk in shower which generally functioned very well.

Cleaning:
Daily and generally to a high standard. We did however return from an all day boat trip to find the room open.

Food:
Open buffet Turkish breakfast; omelettes and pancakes and cornflakes also provided.
Open buffet evening meal which we didn't sample but which did look very appetising.  I have no idea what the price of a meal is.

Extras:
Spa including Turkish bath, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi all included in the price we paid. Only extra was massages. I loved the art work in this area of the hotel.

Bar Prices:
Room service menu in room but without prices. Bar prices quoted in euros with a local gin listed as 8 euros. Fortunately, prices turned out to be in liras. Never any change kept at bar which was annoying.

Major drawback:

The bar staff would insist on playing music at Scarlett type levels for two hours from 10:00am ( this has been mentioned on Trip Advisor). It seemed to me that this was more for their benefit rather than that of the guests who were, in the main, not in the first flush of youth.

This loud music was also blaring out from about 6:00 in the evening for about an hour.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 20:15:23 PM by Highlander »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Nevada Su Review
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 17:54:01 PM »
Great review John, thanks. We went to see it in April and thought it might be one for the future. Can't abide music round the pool though. I'd have to say no to that. We've experienced that in other places and I've asked them to turn it down, or better still...off! I have my ipod if I want to listen t music. nearly fainted when I read €8 for a gin!!! LOL Glad you clarified that.
:D

Offline hillside

Nevada Su Review
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 19:29:22 PM »
Looked at the link and it states 'a peaceful, noise-free ambient' Obviously not the case.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Nevada Su Review
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 20:14:24 PM »
Despite the fire escape problem, it is a lovely hotel which would benefit from some effective management, which in our experience, it appears to be lacking.

Our bedroom door being left open was also a major concern.

Offline tonyb

Nevada Su Review
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
H, I great review. I remember staying at the Seastar while this hotel was being "built".A guy told us it would be fabulous & graded as a 4 star. I guess you can count through the hole where the fire escape should be !!!

Offline Lyn

Re: Nevada Su Review
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 20:14:08 PM »
thanks for review now know where hotel is thank you, Lyn

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 20:49:51 PM »

Offline poppy50

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 21:59:53 PM »
Hi

Bit of info to share with you had a fabulous Hamman and body scrub earlier on in the year at the Nevada.   Wasn't expensive around 30 lira. The couple who run the Hamman are Turkish/German.  I found it a fantastic experience, however, never had one before to compare.  There is a leaflet with all the prices in too.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 22:02:51 PM »
We did go although it may have been included - how stupid is that.

However we did pop our heads around the door and the Spa Suite is very nice.

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »
We visited the hamam at Nevada Su in 2011 when we first stayed at Seastar. It was fabulous. Last year when we stayed at Seastar the owner of Seastar told us Nevada Su changed management and wasn't as good as it was in 2011, so we visited another hamam. Was also a nice experience. Can't remember the name of the hotel though but it was just off the Calis beachfront. I do remember regular Turkish weddings at Nevada Su last year.

We're going back to Seastar in september so I might have more info when we're back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf