Author Topic: !! ENGLISH !! premier league  (Read 1778 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
!! ENGLISH !! premier league
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
..and don't forget these top teams are competing in the Champions League against the likes of Barce and Real Madrid, their the people setting the pace.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Money talks and I think if manu had as much as City seem to have then they would buy the best players as well.

Don't forget that they have 'bought' the league over the years as well. £30m+ for Ferdinand, Rooney wasn't cheap and there are many others (Berba is one) that cost them a lot of dosh. It's only the last couple of seasons that they have been unable to splash out for the really big players - 'cause they are so much in debt  :) I don't think Young was a bargain bucket buy though was he?

can you tell us how they bought the league with the players  beckham, giggs, scholes, butt, neville brothers etc Stoop?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by desmartinson

Money talks and I think if manu had as much as City seem to have then they would buy the best players as well.

Don't forget that they have 'bought' the league over the years as well. £30m+ for Ferdinand, Rooney wasn't cheap and there are many others (Berba is one) that cost them a lot of dosh. It's only the last couple of seasons that they have been unable to splash out for the really big players - 'cause they are so much in debt  :) I don't think Young was a bargain bucket buy though was he?

can you tell us how they bought the league with the players  beckham, giggs, scholes, butt, neville brothers etc Stoop?

Good point Des, if Manu had consistently brought through top class young players rather than pay top dollar for 'complete' players, including youngsters, in the 20 years or so since that crop of great young players came though.....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:30:06 AM by usedbustickets »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 13:06:24 PM »
look through the record transfers, man u have had it as many times as anybody else, I have done on it so many times on here its boring now, as for beckham scholes giggs,thats history, wheres the new crop?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 13:08:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

And an English team in the Scottish league!

sorry for showing my ignorance Keith, but who are the english team in the scottish league, havent been up that way for a few years(to bloody wet and cold for me im afraid). ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 13:12:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

look through the record transfers, man u have had it as many times as anybody else, I have done on it so many times on here its boring now, as for beckham scholes giggs,thats history, wheres the new crop?

But not all in one hit Andy, £300 million chelsea,s 1st signings with the russian billionaire, and £325 million with citys billionaire. ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 13:19:49 PM by desmartinson »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 13:26:14 PM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

quote:

Good point Des, if Manu had consistently brought through top class young players rather than pay top dollar for 'complete' players, including youngsters, in the 20 years or so since that crop of great young players came though.....

Ancient history Des - they will never do that again:

Top 10 Premier League Transfers

1. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea - £50m (2011)
t2. Sergio Aguero: Atletico Madrid to Manchester City - £35m (2011)
t2. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool - £35m (2011)
4. Robinho: Real Madrid to Manchester City - £32.5m (2008)
5. Andriy Shevchenko: AC Milan to Chelsea - £30.8m (2006)
6. Dimitar Berbatov: Tottenham to Manchester United - £30.75m (2008)
7. Rio Ferdinand: Leeds to Manchester United - £29.1m (2002)
8. Juan Sebastian Veron: Lazio to Manchester United - £28.1m (2001)
9. Edin Dzeko: Wolfsburg to Manchester City - £27m (2011)
10. Wayne Rooney: Everton to Manchester United - £25.6m (2004)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 14:56:53 PM »
Chelsea are the third highest point scorers in the Premier League history behind man u and Arsenal, if any teams are to make the step up to compete with these two and they have the opportunity they have to spend big to catch up which they have done, my guess is Chelsea will not buy again this year but Man U may have to as will Arsenal.

Abramovich took over Chelsea in June 2003,who had already finished 3rd in the league, nearly eight and a half years ago Des, so it wasn't 'all at once'
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 15:17:06 PM by tinkerman »

Offline yabanci

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 15:19:22 PM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

And an English team in the Scottish league!

sorry for showing my ignorance Keith, but who are the english team in the scottish league, havent been up that way for a few years(to bloody wet and cold for me im afraid). ;)

Scottish League Division 3 side Berwick Rangers.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 16:03:18 PM »
Oh Berwick, thats ok then not too far north, if it had been Lerwick definately given them a miss. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf