Author Topic: Motor bikes  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Jackson

Motor bikes
« on: March 28, 2005, 17:42:26 PM »
Silly question i think but is a licence needed to ride a motor bike.
and would i really be safe,i like to get out and about. i don't want to buy a car.
where is a good place to buy a safe seconhand motor bike.
i have a home in Fethiye i will be there 2 may to 16 may
thank you Jackson

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Motor bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 20:42:43 PM »
Ahmet from Orangerentacar is the man to ask Jackson. You'll reach him through his profile here - orange

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Motor bikes
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 20:59:24 PM »
Hi Jackson, I know about as much about motorbikes as I do about cars!! not alot, however, My neighbour has a brand new scooter type thing and cost him £800, now he needed his residency permit to buy one, so as his permit had not come through he was going to purchase under our name (which would have been better) but he opted for his Turkish farmer friend to buy for him.

Now he has to re-register in his name as it has turkish number plates, silly man, when he could have left it in ours (as long as he paid the bills)! but the story does not end there!

He was so grateful to the farmer he brought him one too!! (wonder if he would have purchased a car for me, ummm..doubt it)  

Anyhow, this maybe the way for you to go.

Good luck

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Motor bikes
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 05:22:40 AM »
A provisional UK licence is acceptable over here for riding motor bikes up to 350cc. However, DVLA do not allow you have a Turkish address on on your licence, so even if you move out here permanently, you have to maintain a UK address on your licence.

There are a number of places in Fethiye where you can buy new and used scooters and motorbikes. Remember though that you'll have to get the plates changed and there will be an extra charge for this. The sellers can usually arrange this for you together with the insurance. I think you also have to have a tax number to have a vehicle but that just takes a few minutes to get.

Be careful if you're driving on the outskirts of town as there are lots of big potholes. If you drive into some of them you'll be lost for days!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Motor bikes
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 05:25:29 AM »
I've just noticed that, according to your profile, you're only 13! Do your Mum & Dad know you're buying a motorbike!!

Offline leeds utd

Motor bikes
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 05:49:19 AM »
yes as above we checked with traffic police and full uk license is ok. We shopped around and over all Kivrack Honda motors offered the best deal with insurance ect thrown in .They took us by the hand to do all paperwork.They only do new that i know of though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf