Author Topic: The boy done good  (Read 4875 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
The boy done good
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 23:41:25 PM »
whats the name of his club Pete, Kenny asked me to ask that one.:P

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
The boy done good
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 00:41:11 AM »
Well the boy won through to the final at the York hall bethnal green London
Moe he boxed a lad called Adem Farrel from a club called sailsbury abc he beat him 33-26 realy tough fight

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
The boy done good
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
My grandson will know him, that the club he is in, keep us updated Pete and good luck , ;)

Offline davybill

The boy done good
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »
well done peter, keep it going.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
The boy done good
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
Moe from what I've been told that's one of the best clubs in the area 2 GB boxers and a European medal holder so he's in good hands  
The kid was really tough and a good boxer kept coming forward from start to finish, the problem the boy had was that he got a damaged nose on Wednesday (we think its fractured) in sparring but we had to keep it quiet (don't want to give the opposition an advantage) we thought the doctor might have said something as he's got a black bruise right across his nose ala Adam Ant up to now its not been a problem but by the next fight night (13th of April) the bruising should have gone
:D:D

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
The boy done good
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 19:13:32 PM »
for all you boxing fans the ABA final is being televised by boxnation on sky channel  456 (this is a pay subscription channel)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
The boy done good
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 02:27:47 AM »
Well the boys journey came to an end on Friday night as he lost in the ABA finals, it was a very close and technical bout which saw my son (an orthodox boxer) against a guy called Danny Diggnum (a southpaw) the bout which was televised live on boxnation was very hard to judge but I had my son winning at the end also a lot of the people sat around me saying the same.  
After the initial disappointment over the weekend today we received great news that the England coaches that attended the show also thought my son had won and have now invited him to a training camp at the national centre for excellence at the end of the month where they can assess him and monitor his development over the next few months. This could lead to a full England call up in the not too distant future
 :)

Offline davybill

The boy done good
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
sorry to here peter lost in the final and he sounded unlucky not to get the discision.
but good news getting the england call up and with the Olympics coming up who knows,
keep it going peter, good luck.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
The boy done good
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 17:10:04 PM »
Hard lines Pete, but what an achievement to get to the final in the first place, our Tom has been selected for the England camp too,so they will probably meet up, he has his next one on 24th this month, he's been suffering with a damaged ligament to his thumb from his 1st fight, so he's hoping it will be better,and I am dreading it,my nerves go to pieces, dont like it one bit.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
The boy done good
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:15 AM »
hi Moe your grandson sounds like he's doing great, my son has a similar problem with his right thumb his training camp is on the 27th of this month at Sheffield

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf