Author Topic: Turkey to UK Courier  (Read 8766 times)

Offline Ray1951

Turkey to UK Courier
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
Does anyone have any idea which of the courier services in Fethiye are the best and how much to courier, say 12K to the UK?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
The best way to find out is to visit them yourself. You'll get a number of quotes but you need to be sure that they're each quoting for exactly the same service before choosing any particular one. There will be a variety of service levels that you need to choose from and also a number of inclusive or exclusive prices, customs clearance for instance. You'll also need to provide them with the dimensions of the consignment as, for instance, 12 kilos of feathers will take up far more room than 12 kilos of lead, so they'll need to decide whether to charge you by weight or volume.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
Best base the quotes on 6 kilos of feathers and 6 kilos of lead.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 13:55:29 PM »
Fethiye Post Office - Kargo

By plane 10 days ish

By ship 10-15 days ish

12 kilos IRO 150TL prices goes up or down by about 10TL for every kilo.

:)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 13:56:34 PM by nichola »

Offline Stan

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 14:04:51 PM »
But is that for lead or feathers ?  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 14:09:49 PM »
:D 8):D

Offline Ray1951

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 14:31:43 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

Fethiye Post Office - Kargo

By plane 10 days ish

By ship 10-15 days ish

12 kilos IRO 150TL prices goes up or down by about 10TL for every kilo.

:)

Hi Nichola. Just a quick question please.Do the PTT need to see the goods that I would like to send to the U.K? or do I parcel up the goods that I want to send to the U.K as normal.

Offline scouser2

Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »
Hi All.
Has anyone used any of the other couriers in Fethiye, and if so does anyone know their charges? Also do any of the other courier services parcel the goods up for you?
I am returning to Fethiye next week to send some of our personal items back to the U.K, so any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Turkey to UK Courier
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 17:02:58 PM »
For PTT Kargo the box should be left open and they will put the finishing tape on it to seal it - they do in theory like to see what is in there and actually tape should also be inside the box.

There is a new guy on the PTT Kargo at the moment and he will put his hand inside and have a feel. If it is all well wrapped that most likely will be the extent of it.

They also will ask you what is in the box/s and if it is fragile. It isn't necessary to list everything just say either presents or own (old) stuff to avoid customs in the UK.

I don't know if they offer insurance or not. If anything is fragile they certainly won't.

The private cargo companies are extremely expensive because they will measure the box and charge for volume. If they tell you that it is by weight in truth it is what works out to be the most expensive (to you) - weight or size. Private cargo is really for people for whom money is no object!

A tip re packaging - use lots of scrunched up newspaper and carton (old boxes cut up) around each and every item.

Use good firm strong boxes not tatty old things that are already wearing on the sides.

Surround all items with more packaging particularly bottom, top and sides and fill all remaining space and gaps between items with paper so there is no movement within the box otherwise everything will crash around en route and arrive smashed to smithereens.

If anything is pliable pack within a smaller box within the big box.

Do not use bubble wrap on fragile items particularly if you are sending by air mail - the air in the bubbles freezes in the hold and then its like glass on glass if there is turbulence.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 17:03:58 PM by nichola »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf