Author Topic: Not Hisaronu's Greatest Legacy  (Read 8553 times)

Offline Stan

Not Hisaronu's Greatest Legacy
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
If it makes one person aware of the lousy conditions these creatures were kept and perhaps puts them off paying to swim with dolphins , then thats  worth posting.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 12:36:47 PM »
It makes total sense to remind people what they had to endure and just how far they have come, particularly when you go to the the Animal aid section and see people are already trying to b****Y well jepodarise the boys release.
I can not believe someone has tried to capture Tom after all the incredible hard work that has been done by so many people, thank goodness for the tags they have on them.
Good on Nichola for updating us and likke she said if anyone see's them do not feed them and do not interact with them.
I am just gobsmacked:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 13:06:28 PM »
Oh, another reason for posting it - to ask, does anyone know if it is still there? You would have hoped that it isn't, and prefer to think that this shameful monument to cruelty was smashed to pieces and consigned to history. But knowing the area, I bet it will be an eyesore and reminder there for years.

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 13:09:35 PM »
I looked at the photos and felt sick, watched the video and thought My God get away Tom, please get away. We always have to be reminded, we always have to be on our guard and we can never get complacent and forget.

Offline tony

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 13:10:51 PM »
enough said

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 14:38:01 PM »
Just back Keith and that blot on the landscape is still there.  With all the rain there is a foot or so of stagnant dirty water.  I am sure the mossies can make good use of it.[:(!]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 16:21:05 PM »
You'd think those who paid for it to be built (badly) would be desperate to rid the resort of any evidence that they ever did it at all.

For the record, I am not anti-Hisaronu at all. I prefer Calis but have had good times up the hill over the years. I also enjoy the friendly rivalry and banter on the forum and find it amazing that some people don't get it at all.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 16:34:26 PM »
Perhaps we draw tourists there and sell it as a battlefield site

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 17:05:03 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of folk I speak to that did not know what happened and why that ditch is there.
The amount of Turkish people I spoke to who saw it as finished when the dolphins went and did not know they were in a pen being rehabilitated.  Or did not care??? No longer in their backyard..:(
But would you buy a villa of that builder.  The path round it has dropped about two feet.

Offline ceni

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 00:43:06 AM »
To remember what level of cruelty people were prepared to go to, in their quest for personal financial gain. I'll post what I like thanks Tony.

Here here !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf