Author Topic: Yacht Owners To Be Given 5 Year Residence Permits  (Read 2014 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Yacht Owners To Be Given 5 Year Residence Permits
« on: June 23, 2012, 19:19:39 PM »
In an effort to draw in foreign capital and wealthy tourists, the Ministry of Internal Affairs is now working on providing five-year residence permits to yacht-owners, their spouses and children.

For any yacht owners who are getting excited about this latest announcement from the TMBS (Turkish Ministry of Bullsh1t) I'd just like to draw your attention to one of the important qualifying points of this "giveaway".

foreigners who have opened bank accounts in Turkey that contain three million dollars or more will become eligible to obtain a five-year residence permit

http://english.sabah.com.tr/Travel/2012/06/04/visas-facilitated-for-yachtowning-tourists

iyi günler!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Yacht Owners To Be Given 5 Year Residence Permits
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 19:31:05 PM »
So, if I have so much money that I can afford to have 3 million quid of it in a bank in Turkey, I won't have to scratch around to find the few hundred quid needed for 5 years residency. It's a bit like charging people in the UK who spend 30 grand on a gas guzzling Jaguar £50 more for their car tax - drop/ocean...

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 19:43:22 PM »
No problem then where do I sign up  ;D

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 20:16:53 PM »
Well that's really tempted me to draw out a couple of million from my 5m to buy a yacht - just for the free res permit LOL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf