Author Topic: Insect bites  (Read 4451 times)

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 17:28:32 PM »
Stop whingeing you Northern git! You take retirement in the sun and all you can do is moan about the insects - it's bloody freezing in England!! Apart from the sores hope you are well and love to Sue, take care (and keep taking the tablets), Chris

Offline Dutchie

Re: Insect bites
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 20:24:36 PM »
It is possible to get an injection that will prevent the extreme reactions (like the sores and the severe itching) of insect bites.
The effects of the injection last for about 15 days and after that it wears off.

Offline Libra

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »
We use ammoniac ( amonyak in turkish ). A 50 ml bottle at the chemist is cheap . It stinks but a few drops applied on the bite stops the pain.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
Yes one of the Turkish waiters in 'Iskele' on the Fethiye Harbour recommended Amoniac too. I think I like the idea of a dip in the sea (salt)and then a swimming pool (chloride).

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »
I got these weepy blistery things to and started putting witch hazel on them which stoped the itching and healed them within 2 days.Not sure if you can buy it in Turkey as I brought it out with me from England. Hope you find something which works for you soon

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 06:09:09 AM »
From the chemists here in Turkey, Stasine Cort Crem is the best cream available to reduce swellings and itches and it also works fast.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf