Author Topic: Kale park resaurant  (Read 1699 times)

Offline pstevens

Kale park resaurant
« on: July 18, 2012, 23:02:45 PM »
Hi can anyone tell me if the kale park restaurant is still open and if anyone has tried it out recently ,we visited this place quite some time ago and it was great ,but we were told it did not have planning permission and would be torn down,cheers

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Kale park resaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:38:29 AM »
It's still there, though the wing to the right of the entrance, looking from the car park side isn't. Haven't eaten there recently, so can't comment on the food these days

Offline pstevens

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
Thanks for the info liz we are in calis on 31st july for 3 weeks so i think we will give it a try the views were great from the resaurant cheers

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
We always went to the Kale for lunch as we loved the view and the Chicken Caesar Salad.   Last September we went up and were amazed to see the interior was now totally stripped of all the trappings.  There was one "waiter" for the whole place and he did not seem to know what he was doing and was obviously not a waiter.  We ordered and waited.  We got our meal and then had to ask for cutlery etc.,  The meal was terrible and some of the chicken was not cooked.   We asked for coffee as we always loved the coffee there, unfortunately, the coffee machine was gone and we were offered "nescafe"   Had to say the place was a shambles and we were so disappointed.  We did not go back this year, but hope you will put a report after you visit so we can see if anything has changed.   
I would recommend the Kings Garden, lovely view, not far from the Kale, closer if you are walking and good food and great staff. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf