Author Topic: Animals  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 18:01:02 PM »
Thanks John x Me loud??????

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Animals
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 22:52:11 PM »
Sorry, strange thing is I have always read your name as Shameless and not Shamless...

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 04:37:58 AM »
Cats in restaurants  >:(     .. and  its  quite common unfortunately, even in so called better restaurants around .. I / we find it disgusting  >:(   and  when you see customers encouraging the cats and dropping food on the floor for them thats the pits >:(         actually the restaurant owners are the ones who are to blame and are at fault as they should make every effort to banish cats from their premises... but they dont  :(    and because the cats get `fed` the problem is hard to eradicate

Offline cinders

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 08:04:09 AM »
When family visited Marmaris is the summer, one of the hotels there had a food garden.   :)  All  the food left by diners had been  taken to the garden some  distance away  and left there.  Diners were requested NOT to feed the cats but could view the food garden if they wished.  Reports from family was favourable that cats did not creep around tables when people were having meals.  Who knows this may catch in summer but ?? winter brings its own problems.  :(

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 22:16:26 PM »
i understand what everyone is saying but there is a vet Serkan based in Calis but lives in Ovacik who works with some of the british residents neuturing the cats and dogs which is the only way to try and sort this problem. Having recently sold our villa we have gone even further and are in the process of bringing a small street dog back to the Uk! Yes it is not cheap but she is such a lovely girl we just couldnt leave her as she had been mistreated [broken nose} anyway had her speyed couple of  bad teeth removed and had all injections.

If you live out in Ovacik Hisaronau there is a special evening been arranged to raise  money for helping all the animals to be held on 4th November at Morningstar cafe. Try and support them if you can

Offline busybee

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:55 AM »
Love the idea of a food garden for the animals.  Its a shame that we cant have a collection box for tourists to leave any unwanted coins, which could be used to help feed the strays in the winter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf