Author Topic: Another Big Club Crash out of FA Cup  (Read 2909 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Another Big Club Crash out of FA Cup
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
The problem is - even if we get back into the Prem and get 40,000 per week how do we compete with a team that cost £205m?

The Leeds team was assembled at a cost of £1.3m! Our whole team probably earns about £150-£200k per week. Toure earns more than that!

I can't see 'fair play' changing things too much really.

its all relative Stoop, your team was assembled for £1.3m, how does that and the wages compare with the teams in the league you are already in?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Another Big Club Crash out of FA Cup
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:51:32 AM »
Of course it a relative Tinx. That's the whole point of my post.

Relative to Man City we are paupers and will need millions to challenge them in the future unless their owner pulls the plug or we find one able to pump some serious cash into the club.

Bares get hammered but he has put a decent infrastructure in at ER. Hopefully under Fair Play we might find ourselves in a position to invest more than the smaller clubs with rich owners.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
Bates not Bares - fat fingers!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
"I thought you meant the once mighty Arsenal, not a team who has spent most of their time in football in the second tier, surely not?? "

Your football knowledge is questionable if you think Leeds have spent most of their time outside the top tier of football!
Oh my knowledge of football is sound enough for the odd off the cuff comments on a website.  As this chart confirms, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leeds_United_League_Position.jpg,as it shows that Leeds have spent almost 50% of their history in the lower leagues.... not a particularly glorious record, and it does not look like it will improve any time soon.  Blimey even Chelski have spent less time in the lower leagues.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
I thought you meant the once mighty Arsenal, not a team who has spent most of their time in football in the second tier, surely not??    ;)    ;)

Oh yes and I'm not going to say I told people so, but at last more are waking up to the idea that Wenger has to go if Arsenal are ever going to challenge properly again. :( :(

Could this be the UBT that was praising Wengers loyalty just last week and comparing his trophy count to Chelsea ;-)

And when precisely did I make this remark Tinx????

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 15:58:07 PM »
many apologies Stubs  :) it was the dastardley Des ;D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 17:12:10 PM »
Well thank you tink. thats the nicest compliment you.ve given me in 3 years, you going soft or what.  ;)  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
"I thought you meant the once mighty Arsenal, not a team who has spent most of their time in football in the second tier, surely not?? "

Your football knowledge is questionable if you think Leeds have spent most of their time outside the top tier of football!
Oh my knowledge of football is sound enough for the odd off the cuff comments on a website.  As this chart confirms, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leeds_United_League_Position.jpg,as it shows that Leeds have spent almost 50% of their history in the lower leagues.... not a particularly glorious record, and it does not look like it will improve any time soon.  Blimey even Chelski have spent less time in the lower leagues.

So Leeds have spent more time in the top tier then? Thanks for clearing that up  :)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »

So Leeds have spent more time in the top tier then? Thanks for clearing that up    :)

Yep and a  lot of time in the second and third tier too.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf