Author Topic: self catering, half board or AI  (Read 4312 times)

Offline angela

Re: self catering, half board or AI
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 13:52:22 PM »
After a few days on holiday, I get sweet nothings whispered in my ear, i.e. I'm REALLY missing your cooking now. So  self catering is  not for me thanks, the pinny stays at home. Mind you we  (I)  did try it in Dalyan one year, and managed home made lamb curry and rice on two electric rings!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 15:08:44 PM »
We have our own place in Calis, but I don't like self catering either.  :(  I usually make a simple breakfast of fruit, bread, cereals etc.,  However, that is my limit.  We eat out during the day and in the evening. Self Catering does not mean the wife cooking for the extent of the holiday, because then it's not a holiday.  We also have bbq's but, as everyone knows, it's men that do bbq's.  ;) :D

Offline grahamturner09

self catering, half board or AI
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 16:26:33 PM »
It was always b&b for us so we had a choice of what and where we eat. since having our own place it is still pretty much b&b the oven has never been switched on. 

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 21:37:02 PM »
B+B in Turkey or any med resort.

If I went  back to the caribean I would go AI. as the cost of eating out is extortionate.  Nice to do once or twice though.

Offline daveG

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »
In common with many CBF members we too have are own place in Fethiye.
We are fortunate to be able to stay for long hols and therefore do half and half
eating in/dining out.However when we do our mini hols there we tend to do B&B
the only exception being in the winter when we do A.I in Antalya for a few nights
prior to flying back to U.K.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:36 AM »
I agree with daveG.  With our own place, it's great to have breakfast out on the balcony, followed by a snack at lunchtime - for short stays (about a week or so) we'll eat out every evening, usually catching up with friends, or checking out the new places that have opened since our last visit!   :)

But for longer holidays, to be honest, I get fed up with the same type of food, and make the odd meal at home.  We enjoy going to the market and buying fruit and veg, going to the local butcher for meat, the bakers for bread, then making up a nice meal, and best of all eating out on our balcony on a warm evening.  We can rarely do that at home!   :)

We rarely ate at home (apart from breakfast) for the first three years that we had our apartment, thinking that we should always go out as we were on holiday (and our girls loved an excuse to get dressed up)!  Another three years on, the apartment really feels like home and the girls are older so tend to holiday with their friends (that's another story!), it's great to spend a bit more time there!   :)

Offline thinwhiteduke53

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 16:24:33 PM »
Always go self catering as we like to have breakfast on the patio or balcony and eat out in the evening in the local restaurants. Have booked our first holiday in Fethiye this year room only so we can try all the lovely local eateries and bars  :)

Offline suehugh

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 16:51:37 PM »
B/B at the Hotel Letoon
This year we will be self catering. Next door to the Letoon
No cooking apart from the odd breakfast. I will be able to choose my own portion sizes of all the nice bits in a Turkish Breakfast.
Which nice bits ?
Cheese. cucumber, loads of bread , honey, egg or maybe eggs, olives and more olives, cold meat and fruit. I think that's all. Oh yes , tea.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 17:39:46 PM »
Def Self Catering for us.. in a private apartment

we love the relaxation of SC as we can please ourselves what to do and when to do it.. and sometimes we really cannot be bothered to get ready in the evenings to go out  :)  we usually hire a lovely apartment with a great balcony for relaxing on with our evening meal and drinks  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf