Author Topic: C drive  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: C drive
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
I have downloaded Drop box but how do you put pictures in it ,it came up name of file i put my pictures that came up ,pressed button ,went to check all i had on there were three pictures nothing to do with me ,Derr

With Dropbox you can manually copy anything to your safe back up cloud - 3 clicks is all you need.

Right click on any file (or whole folder)

Here are the next two clicks -

"Send to" - "Dropbox"

I've even done you a picture  ;)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
I think i love you keith ,anyway whats happening have put all music and pictures on to ex hard drive ,all i have on there is picasso ,does that need to be moved ,on my hard drive drop box there is i think a laptop picture with a blinking cursor should there be somthing in that box,i noticed on yours keith there was a number in it should i have anything in mine.well here is what i have got now .

C Drive  used space  87.0 gb   
   free space             10.5 gb

D Drive used space   16.2 gb
   free space           118.0 gb

if i download a film does it go on C OR D

X

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
It can have a name or a number Lance it won't matter.

If you save things like photos and new programs to D now (if it suggests installing to C:/new_programs or something just change it to D.

If you save all photos and videos onto D now you have plenty of space and C: should be ok with the free space it now has.

I'd also suggest you get to the computer clinic suggested, 5 minutes of attention from a computer whizzkid will be time well spent  :)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Cheers sorting that out for next week.  ;)

Offline Libra

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 17:04:39 PM »
I use the program "Easeus Partition Master" to "re-partition" my drives.  As you seem to have much avail space on your D partition , with this program you can shift part of this free space to your C partition using this program :

http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-Master-Free-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html

Please read carefully before using it.  You can "Undo"  ,  "Redo" and don't worry , nothing will happen if you don't click "Apply" .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf