Author Topic: Moped , scooters  (Read 5101 times)

Offline happy_flyer

Re: Moped , scooters
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 18:48:49 PM »
Yes that is brilliant feed back Ian , thankyou very much. As we live in Calis we wouldn't have a problem going up Ovacik hill as we feel the best way to get there is on the bus anyway.
Though it may still pay us to get slightly bigger 125cc as I'm not light in frame  lol and it wouldn't be fair on the bike to put it throught that especially through the hot weather.
On which road by the Otogar do you mean and i'll have a look next week while in town.
How much did you pay for your 99cc and did you get from a dealer?

Thanks again Alan.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 19:25:48 PM »
Sorry - don't know why - I thought you were in Ovacik - if you are in Calis then that is great news as I really feel you will get your moniesworth out of the scooter.

We are near to Cafe Pazar so if you want to meet up to see a 99cc bike just let me know.
I went for what is called a step through - some biker friends told me they were much safe than small wheel scooters - you see lots of locals on them (and 3 at times so it might be ok for you) and 3 years ago it was 1750 lira all in - inc back box - 1st year insurance etc.

The driving school - if you go towards the Otogar on the Gunlukbasi road - turn left where you will see an A101 on the right - and this is about 500 yds back from the Otogar lights.
As you go up that road - past the childrens play park - look to your right and you will see the driving school - just looks like the back of houses but there is a black cartoon type picture on the first floor above the driving school of a man shooting a gun - so I think it is a security company upstairs.

Just to finish the main reason we went for 99cc was that there is no need for road tax under 100cc and they really are a simple and effective little machine for the flat.

It is A on this link:
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&sa=N&tab=lw#hl=en&q=fethiye+surucu+kursu&spell=1&sa=X&psj=1&ei=QBd8UbebJIqTswa-voHIBQ&ved=0CC0QvwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.Yms&fp=8d48ad50e27c32fb&biw=1024&bih=475

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 19:35:02 PM »
Fantastic , thank you very much for that , I feel inspired to go and have a go now.
Brilliant.

Alan.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 21:33:22 PM »
I think you will find that the electric scooters they sell in kipa and migros dont need a licence.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 07:17:18 AM »
That's a good point Lance - maybe for the same price (roughly 2 x 1300 TL each) and no tax or insurance you could get 2 of those - one each and they would do you a decent job on the flat of Calis and Fethiye - just not good enough to get 2 on unless you are both skinny   ;)

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 18:48:03 PM »
Thanks guys electric , never thought of those. Have to look into those.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf