Author Topic: Children's Day celebrations Tuesday 23rd April  (Read 1391 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Children's Day celebrations Tuesday 23rd April
« on: April 22, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
I was informed this morning at about 10.30am that the children's parade (in past years children from around the world all dressed up in their national costumes) was starting at 10am in Fethiye. Anyway I went into town and couldn't see any evidence that a parade as we have known it in the past was or had taken place although there were a lot of Turkish children playing in the town parks.

Anyway, I popped into the FETAV office as they are organizing the event this year and have established that "many things" will be happening in the new Fethiye public square tomorrow from 14.00 hours...

I have no idea what exactly but hopefully it will be as good a photo opportunity as it has been in past years. See you there   :)

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Children's Day celebrations Tuesday 23rd April
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 13:36:23 PM »
I love the children's day each year. It is great to see all the children dancing from the different countries. I always thought it was on the 24th, maybe it varies.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Children's Day celebrations Tuesday 23rd April
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 14:29:07 PM »
I know there will be eight different games for the children to participate in  :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Children's Day celebrations Tuesday 23rd April
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 14:47:11 PM »
This doesn't sound anything like the superb event we went to last year in the football stadium.
There were no stalls there, and it was definitely almost all day, marching bands, displays from children all over the world, some incredible gymnasts  etc etc and the seating areas were full to bursting, but because we were high up in a stadium we could see everything so well.
That wouldn't be possible in the new square.
Maybe there's 2 events?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf