Author Topic: House Purchase Completed.  (Read 2583 times)

Offline 160606

House Purchase Completed.
« on: July 24, 2013, 19:23:07 PM »
Finally after 9 months of sometimes very frustrating negotiations we have bought our dream property in Calis.  We are chuffed.  But the reason I am posting today is to again thank two people who have been our strength during the time.  I am sure most of you already know them they are the Rimms, Chris and George.  We have been best friends for a very long time and have been visiting Calis since they bought their home 12 years ago, visiting at least once if not twice a year.  We will be doing the same as them and moving from Liverpool to live full time but not for the next two and a half years when we retire.  George has POA and singed the papers yesterday, it was a very tense wait at this end and it took over 6 hours to get it all completed.  There were several face times with Chris who was at home keeping us informed of all that was happening.  I won't go into detail but at one point the seller was talking about pulling out.  We sat with Chris and George last evening and enjoyed a bottle of champagne, one in Turkey and one in Liverpool to celebrate.  We could not have done it without the help of our best friends and it will be very hard to ever thank them enough for all their help.  They have today been to the electricity company to get things changed to our names.  How good are they!  We will be living right across the garden from them in the house and we have always said if we were to buy it was the one we would want.

SO A GREAT BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TO YOU BOTH.  And as far as POA is concerned, if you are thinking of offering to do it for someone, it can be a very long, tedious and laborious task, ask George.
Love to you both, always
Helen and Jim

Offline Bluwise

Re: House Purchase Completed.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 19:26:52 PM »
What a lovely post and many congratulations on your purchase - sounds like you will have wonderful neighbours too.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 19:37:09 PM »
Congratulations on your purchase.  Real friends are invaluable and I'm sure you will enjoy many happy times with them when you are finally able to move over.

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 19:46:58 PM »
Great news, but I hope George didn't "singe" the papers too badly...lol

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 19:58:24 PM »
George has recently been voted the nicest man on the forum so you are indeed lucky to have such good friends.  Congratulations and good luck on your move when it eventually comes.   ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 20:34:35 PM »
Great stuff, nice to hear it all came off in the end. I am sure you will be very happy on what is a lovely complex  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 20:47:11 PM »
Congratulations on your new house. Rimms is so lovely and helpful, you have a great friend and neighbour. Bernie and Martyn

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
House Purchase Completed.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
It's never a problem to help friends, especially when it's your best friends. It was an interesting couple of days. I was helped tremendously by Volkan Sankir who's company 2Gether does translation and legal work.

The TAPU office was just a rugby scrum, there isn't a queue or a ticket system, just about sixty people trying to get to the front desk where an office full of clerks sat behind desks who largely seem to ignore the agitated throng at the front counter. I guess it was even more 'tense' than usual as many would have been fasting for Ramazan.

Day 2 was Utilities, for water I had to have the seller present but for electric it's possible to do that by yourself. In both cases I needed to show the DASK policy to pass go, other things required were power of attorney, passport translations, tax numbers, TAPU copies, passport copies, sellers Turkish ID copy, former utility account numbers. The water had to be registered in the flashy new office near the Tuesday market, but then despite having evidence that the account was paid up to date, we had to walk back to the Belidiye building above Migros where a guy wrote on a form " No Arrears" and then we had to walk back and hand that in !

Be prepared to sign loads of forms and face inevitable hiccups and if anyone thinks that being an estate agent here is money for old rope, I suggest you try this just once and you might change your opinion, I'm a fairly patient person but doing this for a living would kill me !

Anyway, alls well that ends well, there is a shiny new TAPU in my safe waiting to be collected by a very excited couple.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
What wonderful  friends you have, it's such an exciting time for you all. Congratulations and good luck with your new home in Turkey! May all your dreams come true.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »
Well done and all the best.
 What a nice post.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf