Author Topic: Ring Turkish Mobile  (Read 3560 times)

Offline koukla

Re: Ring Turkish Mobile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »
Sorry, I also forgot to say, if you are with BT and have a smartphone, you can download BT Smart Talk and use that for free anywhere in the world over wifi, not only to landlines but to mobiles too   :)

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
Just to add the BT Smart talk app is great but it depends on your call package, you pay the same cost as making the call from your home phone so check what deal you have and the cost. We have an inclusive calls package so all calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles are free and as we have turkcell MIFI (dongle) we are able to use wherever we are. Simon

Offline koukla

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
Yes Simon, you're correct.  I actually just checked with BT and you have to be on the unlimited calls package and apparently, calls to mobiles are now not free but half price so I'm thinking that unless you have the same set up as you do, totally free calls via Viber is the best bet.   :)

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
Thanks, half the price of the cost from your home phone (it charges as if you were at home)  if you have no calls package. Still good if the other person cannot use viper as I assume viper is over wifi both ends? Simon

Offline koukla

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 13:46:06 PM »
Yes Simon, Viper to Viper and so easy to set up plus totally free. Could potentially save a lot of people an awful lot of money!   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 14:08:35 PM »
Yes it can be excellent but to be absolutely sure - Viber is Viber to Viber only. Unlike Skype there is no Viber to landline or mobile. There is a desktop version of it now so as long as the person you are calling has a computer, they don't necessarily need a smartphone.

Offline koukla

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 14:50:12 PM »
Yes, that's what I meant, just Viber to Viber. I didn't know about the desktop version but amggoing to check it out now. Thank you for the info.  :)

Offline koukla

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 14:51:44 PM »
Huh! Typo.....poxy S3   :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf