Author Topic: Curtains  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Lou

Curtains
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »
Hi Everybody

Can anyone advise me on curtains.   How long does it take to have them made.  We are in Lissa Links and going out there in June for three weeks.   Has anyone had curtains made here, prices, etc., and do you think i would have them made and fitted in three weeks ???

Any advice welcome.

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Curtains
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:27:37 AM »
More like two days or less Lou !. Try the search facility for curtains, I think there is quite a bit of info there.
Roy

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Curtains
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:48:10 AM »
Lou, if you stay on the dolmus into Fethiye and get off at the terminus ( near the mosque ) walk up the hill to the main raod which is a one way system with the traffic coming from your right hand side, you will find several dedicated curtain shops on that road, you can pick your material and they will come out, measure, make and then come back and fit them, as Roy says, all in a couple of days!

Rimms

Offline Tonya

Curtains
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 11:23:47 AM »
I measured the windows myself and was taken to a curtain making shop by our Turkish friend. For the whole house including full length curtains for the double doors the total cost including making was £120 and you can pay by credit card if you want. It was one of those shops Rimms mentioned but I cant remember the name of it.

Offline gt

Curtains
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 12:01:50 PM »
Hi lou
        we went to fethiye were rimms is on about i did the whole apartment(2 bed) the guy was very helpfull with his assistance and advice.I went in  his shop in nov we jumped into his van and 40 mins later hehad measured up and we were barttering over a price.This guy has been used by lots of people i know.Sorry to say i have not got his card,But when i get to work on monday i will e-mail you the exact price and where he is>
spaek to u soon
graham/joanne/paige
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 12:02:50 PM by gt »

Offline Sillybilly

Curtains
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
Lou,
The shop we used in October was Gizem Tekstil, Cumhuriyet Mah, Carsi Cad No46, Fethiye. This is on the right at the top road at dolmus station.
Hope this is of help
Billy
 8)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 12:15:47 PM by Sillybilly »

Offline Lou

Curtains
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 14:22:07 PM »
Many thanks everybody for all your invaluable help.  I know the area you have mentioned where the shops are and I will do this when we get there.

Did any of you go along with the Hanel Salespeople or go it alone - what advice can you give on this.  All replies greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Lou

Offline gt

Curtains
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 14:28:01 PM »
hi Lou
       do not use the shoppers go alone i did it was great fun and you can save a fortune.
Consider paying someone about £300 just to show you shops,i dont think so.
Talk to people like Bekir from erenspot,speaks v.good english,and if he does not have it he will know were to get it
ps shoppers fee is the same as a fridge and cooker,get my drift
There are many people to ask and will help if asked
hope this helps
graham

Offline mibur

Curtains
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 16:21:47 PM »
We did all our shopping ourselves recently, right down to the last teaspoon! Our "shoppers" wanted £400. We thought that a bit OTT! It all adds to the fun going out and about. We probably paid a little more for some items but we probably paid a lot less for others and I am sure we saved more than the £400 it would cost from the "shoppers". We used Bekir, Eren Spot shop for most of the items and like gt said if he hasn't got it he knows a man that does.

Offline alanw

Curtains
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 16:52:40 PM »
We are due out to furnish at the end of June, may I ask those of you that have already furnished, where to barter and where not? For example do you barter at Eren Spot or is that not the done thing?
Thanks
Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf