Author Topic: Fly screens  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Lou

Fly screens
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:08:03 AM »
I'm sure this question has been asked many times.   we are arriving in calis (lissa Links) on June 21st for three weeks.

I have been quoted £385.00 for fly screens for our house.   Is this a good price ?   this is price from builders?  

Any advice welcome.

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Fly screens
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:35:58 AM »
Sounds a horrendous price to me Lou. I assume you mean what we loosely call 'mossie mesh' ?. For 10YTL, about 4 quid I bought enough on the market to replace the mesh on my entire house. (8 windows). Add the cost of a staple gun, a pair of scissors and a few hours work - job done !.
Roy

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Fly screens
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 13:24:28 PM »
hi,i paid £240 for wrought iron on every door and window with the nets attached to the iron(lovely job)

marcus

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Fly screens
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 13:33:58 PM »
I wouldn't let the builders do it! Get a quote from a local joiner and you will save pounds (or Lira if you prefer)

Stoop

Offline Sillybilly

Fly screens
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 14:06:04 PM »
Likewise stoop, you would get a better deal from a local joiner. Also lets you get to know the local tradesmen as well.

Offline Lou

Fly screens
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 14:18:45 PM »
Thanks everybody for all the advice on the fly-screens.  We will wait until we get out there and source a local joiner as suggested - maybe the hubby will do it himself (but he is on hols!!).

Many thanks again.

P.S.  
This is great, all the info I need at my fingertips - you will be hearing from me quite a lot.   We are from Ireland and love Fethiye and Calis.

Offline gt

Fly screens
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 14:23:37 PM »
Hi Lou
      i have the name of a good joiner  he does not speak english but i am sure you can find a suitable translator.I had wardrobes fitted to both bedrooms.i just drew some pictures and he took over.will email name and number when i give you the name of the curtain man
graham

Offline Lou

Fly screens
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 17:34:39 PM »
Hi Graham,

Thanks for info, look forward to hearing from you.  May use him to put in some built-in wardrobes also.  

Thanks again

quote:
Originally posted by gt

Hi Lou
      i have the name of a good joiner  he does not speak english but i am sure you can find a suitable translator.I had wardrobes fitted to both bedrooms.i just drew some pictures and he took over.will email name and number when i give you the name of the curtain man
graham

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf