Author Topic: MPs rise  (Read 5030 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: MPs rise
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
Oh now come on Colwyn, this makes 3 in a row I agree with you  :)

JT

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 13:16:18 PM »
Petition.
I realize that Nicola has already posted one petition in this thread but this one is specifically aimed at forcing a House of Commons debate on the issue. For this 100,000 "signatures" are needed. Let us force MPs to debate and offer justification for this rise.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44225

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 14:24:04 PM »
Thank you; shared on Facebook   :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 20:14:29 PM »
That will be a quick debate, MP's debating if they should get 11% rise. To have a proper debate don't you need people involved who won't all agree.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »
This Country needs a revolution, seriously, a complete change and investment in the right areas, a major shift back to education for the future, produce the right engineers, technologists, craftsmen and not a Wunch of Bankers and Lavatory of Lawyers (collective terms) to defend their nefarious activities! Massive tax breaks for manufacturing Companies, overseas Companies tax dodging stopped. Do we need Westminster in these modern days? NO. Not as it exists.
Move toward the system of Federal government. Scotland, North, Midlands, South, Wales, Ulster all with our own Regional governments (Prescot had far too many on his list) and a Federal Authority with a fraction of the current MP's debating and Legislating only on matters agreed are truly National such as Defence and Foreign Policy at regional level. We would save a fortune in MP's expenses -- they can drive home or take a train so no second homes, the Federal Members only to have allowance for living in London, no issue with Buildings to house local assemblies, as there would no longer be County Council's needed so one of those could be used.

I mentioned to a supposedly intelligent Colleague in London that Manufacturing was still our biggest sector and he thought I was joking and that we hardly made anything and all the money was made in Banking and Financial services -- all the time we have those biased "city" perceptions we have no chance! Does it work, well, the Germans did it, and look at them now! The best standard of living in Europe and the only vibrant Economy, for goodness sake they have managed to compete against the World making Pencils of all things!

Guido of Scotton Hall

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
I mentioned to a supposedly intelligent Colleague in London that Manufacturing was still our biggest sector and he thought I was joking and that we hardly made anything and all the money was made in Banking and Financial services

Try this.

"The service sector dominates the UK economy, contributing around 78% of GDP, with the financial services industry particularly important." Manufacturing accounts for less than 15% of the UK economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_Kingdom

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
Well, there you are then, close all the Universities, no need as everything you will ever want to know is on Wikipedia -- and of course it is 100% accurate and nothing to do with Lies, damned lies, and Statistics!

Well, I did say he thought we hardly made anything at all, I may have been wrong about it being our biggest sector, (depends on your point of view) but it is very important and needs to grow dramatically -- look what has happened relying on the Bankers and Economists telling us Financial services is all! Nobody is working to spend any money on Financial services!

If Manufacturing isn't important, why do we not close Rolls Royce, British Aerospace etc.?  Why do Toyota and Nissan invest so heavily in Car production here, cant be low wages or they would have shut up shop here and gone to Eastern Europe or somewhere else. Maybe, just maybe we can be good at it, if supported by Government not destroyed by them. (Well done Margaret! :( )Again, look at Germany, about 22% of GDP is Manufacturing, and growing, and they are the best off in Europe, so, not being the centre of Financial Services doesn't seem to have done them any harm has it?

I think I would rather work in the German pencil factory than be unemployed in a Country with such a  wonderful Financial Services Sector and Benefits systems! They have good labour laws there and strong Unions, but a work ethic our whole system does not encourage! Nobody takes anything but emergency personal calls while working, or texts, do that in your break! 

Nothing will change, until the whole system of Government is changed.

Catesby R

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf