Author Topic: First aid?????  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

First aid?????
« on: January 18, 2014, 15:31:04 PM »

And it gets worse.............................

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/01/turkey-passes-controversial-medical-aid-bill-2014118135840694702.html

Don't fall and break a leg in the street, you can't get treatment without the Governments say so???

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: First aid?????
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 16:31:02 PM »
Just when you thought it can't get any worse !

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 17:32:15 PM »
Just seen some talk of this on FB.  Absolutely shocking!!
People could lose their lives whilst medical staff look on. I'm disgusted

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 18:23:00 PM »
I am so glad we are away from there now.. I never seem to read anything but doom and gloom now.. The health issue was always a big risk for Barrie and we thought long and hard before moving there... We tried the private health care route.. No chance. We got on to The SGK and that route would also have been taken off us now... Since coming back to the UK.. Barrie unfortunately suffered another small stroke.. He had excellent care.. We are not pensioner's yet but there was no problem whatsoever getting back into the system.. I have had 2 scans and having a small op. In two weeks... I just wish we had taken our money out of there when we had the chance.. Seems we will just have to hope it improves..

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 18:42:57 PM »
Having said this.. We had an amazingly positive experience in Fethiye and I know that most people are still living the dream and I am really happy for them...also for people just starting their lives over there.. Too many changes now for our liking...

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 23:28:22 PM »
It is to be hoped that the doctors will refuse to treat any AKP supporters.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 23:52:05 PM »
Make no mistake this is entirely and directly a result of the good doctors and medical people helping people who came to Taksim and other 'flashpoint' areas around Turkey in the Gezi related protests of last year.

My brother is a doctor and the very thought of one standing around on a mobile awaiting Government approval as a man lies face down in the sand on Olu Deniz beach after a bit of a parachute mistake is quite frankly inhumane.

Death before protest against us - it is simply repulsive.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »
It's absolutely ridiculous. It isn't just about government refusal but about doctors not being allowed to treat patients outside their licensed premises. My husband is a gp here and yes it means that he won't be able to treat the man lying face down in the sand. He needs to call 112 and wait for them.
It also means that he wont't (offically) be allowed to do house calls and/or examine patients in hotel rooms.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
His need to rush this law in is frightening.
He's preparing to crush any dissent, whatever the cost.

( and Gul signed it )

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 13:14:49 PM »
As expected there seems to be a bit of conflicting advice about these changes. From what I understand it will have absolutely no impact on tourists or expats, unless that is they get involved in anti government demonstrations. If you get taken to hospital you will be seen immediately and if involved in an accident but lucky enough to have a doctor passing at the time, that doctor is able to treat you until the ambulance arrives.

The legislation seems to be a blunt instrument, but that's how they do things here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf