Author Topic: Changes in Üzümlü  (Read 5498 times)

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
Changes in Üzümlü
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
I am just reading some topics after a long absence from CBF and it has made me smile how many years ago we were saying what the village needs ie more good eating places, cash machine, taxi etc etc and by enlarge we have got what we all wanted, we have some excellent eating places now we have the cash machine and of course Ramazans Taxi Service, for a small village it certainly has adapted and of course it has all been done mostly by the locals, some changes I some I do not but it's true what they say, you can please some of the people etc etc. One of the things that I do not much care for is the dress code of the tourists we seem to be getting in the village now men walking round topless ( not too bad ) but young ladies in bikinis I find embarrassing so I really don't know what the locals think or am I being a prude.
In the nearly ten years I have been visiting Üzümlü I must admit I have fallen out with some really nice people ( Mr Cambell being one ) I am not going to mention names but they know who they are, if they want me to publickly appologies I will and mean it sincerely, the reason I fall out with people, is apart from being a grumpy old man, is the passion I have for Üzümlü it is the one place I can really relax yet it is a place I can get so worked up about, but basically I am just a grumpy old man, I suppose it takes all sorts.
Any way that is enough of my ramblings I hope to see many of you over the summer and if I am a bit quiet it is for one of two reasons, Efes or I am thinking enjoy "our" beautiful bit of Turkiye folks see you all soon.
Cliff Barber. AKA Grumps

Offline saoirse

Re: Changes in Üzümlü
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:10 AM »
It must attract our "type" sir

I too am old grumpy argumentative and have a wee place in Uzumlu.

Hope you continue to enjoy the village and maybe meet up for a good old gripe.

My pet hates include but are not limited to young people enjoying themselves, long hair, loud music, flat beer, any food with ginger in it , babies wearing Monday, Tuesday ,Wednesday  style Bibs on the wrong day, people who are rarely in Turkey insisting on kissing everyone as a greeting  Turkish style just to prove they know thats what the locals do, the Dolmus to Fethiye leaving early and without beeping his horn, and the metric system.

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »
Phil I have shared many an Efes with you and my good neighbour Stewart,  you forgof to mention amongst your pet hates over weight elderly gents riding electric scooters ;-)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
Pmsl!!!!

Yes they are the VERY top of my hate list!!! Lol

Hope to imbibe with you again in 2014

Offline Sus

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Well must say I have missed the topless men and the bikini clad ladies, maybe they don't come round my area and are not up when we are out walking in the morning.

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 14:48:28 PM »
Well must say I have missed the topless men and the bikini clad ladies, maybe they don't come round my area and are not up when we are out walking in the morning.

Saw more last year than ever have also seen them in Eddies having breakfast not a pretty site with all those tattoos ......................and the men were just as bad.

Phil out for mushroom festival but have been told I must be home by the end of September.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 15:29:19 PM »
I don't live up there but visit a lot, I hate the neon signs that are appearing and the car hire and other business signs etc all in Englisha s you enter the village.
Hope it doesn't get tacky, it's beautiful and rustic and should stay that way.

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 16:24:01 PM »
Got to agree.  With you there kayakebab it's not as if everyone knows who and what is where, and I have voiced my opinion to Eddy why not call his restaurant located in a Turkish village with a Turkish name.

Offline Eric

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 17:07:31 PM »
Welcome back 'Friar Tuck'.  Hope you are well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 19:47:22 PM »

I must admit I have fallen out with some really nice people ( Mr Cambell being one ) I am not going to mention names

Except mine  :)

Well I for one am genuinely pleased to see you back Cliff. Us grumpy gits need to stick together! I know we had a fall out but as I recall I was just having a bit of an argument for the fun of it (as I do) and no offence to you personally.

Hope you stick around.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf