Author Topic: Is everything in place for the e-Visa and new Residency Rules?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Marggie

Have copied this from another forum as sure it will be of interest to many:

Ok,this morning i met briefly with Deniz in the Bodrum Consulate Office and was given the handbook.It's in dual languages ,Turkish from the front,English from the rear,both at 72 pages.If anyone else reads the English version please be aware it is an unofficial translation.

Both the new evisa/airport changes and the Residence Permit changes were due to start on 11th April 2014............you can surely guess what's coming next.....
The Residency changes have been put on hold[ surprise!!] and no fixed date has been set for the change over from the Polis to the Government agency.It will happen but maybe a month or so later.I think it's all to close to the elections and the various Mayor's won't have offices & staff sorted in time.

Also the proposed e kiosks at Bodrum and possibly Dalaman airports will not be in place for the 11th, so the old style visa stamp is being resurrected temporarily [initially it was staying closed]but the biggest problem is that the info the Consulate has as of today, is that not only is the stamp visa going to cost $30 but they will only accept $ US not sterling. Don't worry too much at the moment as this is trying to be resolved by the British Embassy here.
Do not be surprised if conflicting info comes to light in the coming weeks,as i said earlier this info is current today.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Is everything in place for the e-Visa and new Residency Rules?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 22:41:00 PM »
Got my e visas on line today, cost 20 dollars each, no problem paying with my visa debit card in sterling. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf