Author Topic: Pound Shop  (Read 5358 times)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Pound Shop
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 10:59:18 AM »
We have used the 1 ytl shop in Fethiye for a couple of years with no problem but the 1 ytl shop in Gunlukbasi tried to charge us 20 ytl for a sink drainer,when we finished laughing we went next door and paid 3 ytl for one.They do seem to think Brits are easy pickings as many to embarassed to haggle and will pay the asking price,this is part of the problem with rising prices here, they can quote a stupid price and you walk away happy.We have a few regular stores we use for furniture,bedding etc and get atleast 30% discount if you dont ask you wont get,they will quote mrp which as in uk bears no relation to real price.    Rant over   haggle hard

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 12:47:23 PM »
And if you are too embarassed to haggle just walk away and watch the price drop. If it doesn't then go somewhere else. Easy peasy.

Stoop
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:47:51 PM by stoop »

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 15:37:42 PM »

Thats what we always do, Stuart never accepts the first price and is always prepared to walk away - and thats in the UK! He is SO embarrassing! :-\We always haggle in Turkey though.

Val

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 22:41:43 PM »
Sorry Cayfan, but that is not the shop. I know the one you mean, just on the corner by Erun.

Look again at my superb directions

Auto Route Rimms

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 16:03:53 PM »
Oh so theres another one- I thought wed found all the 'swag' shops  in Fethiye!

Offline kanga

Pound Shop
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 21:53:45 PM »
we bought most of our stuff from the million shop,we bought six beautiful white coffee mugs 1 million each with IKEA stamped on the bottom,directions opposite the entrance  to the tuesday market coming from calis on the gunlukbasi dolmusthat goes into fethiye  along the dalaman rd
kanga

Offline Chudwell

Pound Shop
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 00:22:11 AM »
We bought a lot of items from the million shop for our new apartment and learnt from our mistake.  We were going round getting prices and haggling for best; (so we thought)unfortunately we didn't add it up as we went along, consequently when we got all the stuff delivered and re checked the individual prices we had been quoted, we found we had been ripped off to the tune of £20.  Once bitten twice shy, we wont make the same mistake again and we certainly won't use the million shop near eren spot again either.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Pound Shop
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 02:08:12 AM »
Hi All
The guy with the pound shop at Gunlukbasi has a stall on the Sunday Calis market where the prices are reputedly half, hence a 50p shop.
Just to add we bought a wall clock at the Gunlukbasi shop in January that was £2 and found it had stopped when we returned in April. Sue took it back, with no receipt or proof of purchase, and they changed it without question.

Kenkay
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 02:12:33 AM by kenkay »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 19:10:01 PM »
we got a bit of a shock when we went round the million shops when they added up our bill
the one in fethiye well what can i say, as soon as you walk into the shop someone follows you round like a sheepdog, i don,t know about you but i like to do my browsing in peace and then when i see something ask for an assistant

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2005, 22:57:45 PM »

I have to say that this wasn't our experience,we chose what we wanted and one of the girls piled our stuff on the counter, it was all added up and we paid for it and were very happy with our purchases. She did approach us but only to help us to find what we wanted, she was very unobtrusive when we told her that we were just looking, and basically left us to look around.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf