Author Topic: New road,new bridge.  (Read 24157 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New road,new bridge.
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 14:38:42 PM »
If they are filling that lake in then the area is in big trouble? Where will the water go? Is this a permanent block? Is it for hotel staff or the workers building it?

I can't believe they are filling in another lake!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New road,new bridge.
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 17:38:56 PM »
Ok. Got these pictures from the area. Anyone any idea what that big thing is sticking up?

Rumour is they are building accommodation for the Sensatori staff but Legless says that has already been built at the hotel.

Also I'm surprised it's been screened off. Unusual in these parts?

Satellite of the area. Why build there? It's a bloody lake!

Plus plan of the hotel. Could the left side be staff accommodation?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 17:55:38 PM by stoop »

Offline Stan

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 17:57:07 PM »
Think its a core drill ,for putting reinforced concrete piles in unfirm ground so it can be built on.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 18:40:58 PM »
just spoke with my turkish neighbour he said that he went to the council office to complain as lorries are going past his house day and night at hi speeds, he is extremely up set with all the mess and confirmed that its going to be accommodation for staff from the hotel, is it time to call it a day i ask my self ? my little taste of paradise  could be coming to an end.
 would anybody who can take pictures for me around my Villa area please do so as my turkish neighbour does not have a digital camera he has explained to me how bad it is but seeing these pictures it a nightmare come true ?
if this is like this next summer how could we even holiday there gutted aint the word ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New road,new bridge.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 19:09:08 PM »
Hopefully the building will be finished by then Danky. The hotel opens in May so staff will be in place by then. The roads might be back to normal then?

Not happy though.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 19:32:48 PM »
You would expect they will have to improve the roads, coaches will be transporting paying guests to a 5 star facility. First impressions and all that?

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 20:06:47 PM »
As a retired builder yes it is a pile driver and yes we new awhile back that the lake was being filled in to build staff quarters for the new hotel.Danky I don't know when you were last out but there is three new build villas directly opposite your place just by the blue painted bridge apart from that there has not been much else in the way of changes.Oscars bar has been closed for awhile and I am led to beleave that due to little or no business hes leasing it out next year to Russians.

Offline quackers

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 06:28:10 AM »
These are pictures I took yesterday. If your place is to the left of the pıledrıver Danky they are pumpıng out your Sıte . Wether ıt ıs because of the lake or the raın I do not know. I am takıng a letter of complaınt ınto the Beledıye today but I expect ıt wıll not be acted on. There ıs plenty of spare land around the area to buıld on wıthout usıng the lake.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »
I agree - lots of areas to build on that aren't lakes! What is it with Turks filling lakes in and then building on them. Have they not seen the apartment block at the back of us?

Has to be down to land prices. Wet = cheap = drainage problems = flooding = who gives a Sh*t?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
Quackers - left of the pile driver is Saglik. We are constantly pumping out water on there. Even in May this year they had the pumps going 24/7. This can only make things worse for those on that side though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf