Author Topic: talk of the town  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Steve A

talk of the town
« on: June 04, 2014, 18:18:33 PM »
Never been so don't know what to expect is it a bawdy tranny show or a classy drag revue.Also what's the best way to get there and back from Cali's,I have seen organised trips advertised, don't usually go in for these,would rather go on our own

Offline Menthol

Re: talk of the town
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 18:31:14 PM »
I can't help you as it sounds like the sort of place I would normally avoid like the plague. However, considering the amazing job they did raising money for Soma, I'd be very interested to hear your review of the place, Steve.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 19:02:31 PM »
it's a great show. bit saucy but nice.go on an organised trip it will be easier as they take you there & pick you up also food's inclulded

Offline Glenys and Pauline

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 19:06:59 PM »
We went last week. It is a good show. Quite a few children were there and not at all bawdy. We booked it through Focus so it included transport, chicken and chips etc meal and the show. Good value.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 19:34:25 PM »
We saw parts of their show on the night of the fund raiser for Soma and it was brilliant. Not tacky and very enjoyable with lots of laughter and glam. costumes and jewellery . There were children in the audience then and it was not a problem.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 20:45:23 PM »
Thanks everyone,looks like an organised trip is the way to go

Offline George Warner

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
There are now two TOT show venues,both in Hissy,we have booked to go through Seaside travel on the Calis Prom.
Have been assured that the new show is at least as good as the original.we will see!
Price includes transfers, pickup from an agreed place,chicken and chips.Has alway's been a brilliant evening,suitable for all.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 06:10:24 AM »
sorry you need to re phrase that comment  ... not suitable for all...  not me anyway....hate drag acts...  why have we now two  drag acts in H ?  what a waste of premises.. still it seems thats what a lot of brits want here in H isaronu    ... thats why its called  Turkey`s Blackpool....  yuk 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
The new Talk of the Town is actually the founders of the original Talk of the Town and they have split away from those running the show in the original venue. They allegedly "own" the name on the legal paperwork and the new venue is the Zombie bar in Hisarönü.

I believe there is a dispute about ownership of and the right to use the name and lawyers are involved.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 16:18:03 PM »
I remember when one of the most popular evening shows here was in Kaya  village ... where three nights a week they put on a `turkish show` with a lovely buffet.... unlimited  wine...folk dancers, turkish acts, and yes a belly dancer... but at least it was `turkish themed`  and a good night out..... then along came the  dreaded `talk of the town ` outfit  in Hisaronu ... and with a little  ...ahem ...`gentle persuasion`... ahem... to many trip agents here...   the `turkish show ` suddenly stopped being advertised  on the boards... and everywhere was `talk of the town` on the boards
Consequently   and sadly  the Kaya turkish show  soon disappeared... and the arena where it was held in Kaya now is a dilapitated ruin.

The drag acts won  :-(       one more nudge in the wrong direction out here for me  :-(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf