Author Topic: Changing an account to a joint account  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Changing an account to a joint account
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 21:28:51 PM »
so for example if we were to change the account to just being a joint one nothing else and say we di it mid month woul we then lose the interest from that month as would it be deemed as opening a new account? sorry we never will fully understand the way banking works in Turkey...
Thanks Marggie will do  :) 

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 21:43:14 PM »
Finans took the signatures and the instruction and changed it on interest day.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 22:40:37 PM »
so for example if we were to change the account to just being a joint one nothing else and say we di it mid month woul we then lose the interest from that month as would it be deemed as opening a new account? sorry we never will fully understand the way banking works in Turkey...
Thanks Marggie will do   :) 
See my previous post...

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 21:41:52 PM »
Sorry me again!! I don't understand John F about leaving my investments... If we go in on the first day of a new month would we not lose a whole months interest.. It is the ING Orange account, thanks for any advice  :D

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »
If its the ING Orange then as I understand it the interest is calculated on a daily (overnight) basis.  So changing the account status should have a minimal effect on any interest you gain.

Alternatively, if you have a variation (like a time deposit account) of the standard Orange account, open up a new joint account and at the end of the interest period transfer the funds into the new joint account.

However, you should really speak to the bank as opposed to taking financial advice, that could potentially cost you a fair bit of money, from a bunch of random posters (including myself) on an internet forum.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf