Author Topic: Laptop to TV  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Laptop to TV
« on: June 14, 2014, 16:06:40 PM »
I connect my laptop to the TV via HMDI cable. This has always been fine on my TVs but now only works on the second TV (currently in bright sunshine and not watchable) but not on the main one. I've tried switching sockets and cables but whilst other devices work fine on any cable the TV refuses to accept my laptop signal via any port or cable. Any ideas?

Offline Hamlet

Re: Laptop to TV
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 21:55:01 PM »
Have you checked the settings on the tv? I know it sounds obvious thing to do but maybe they need resetting, I know you have switched cables & sockets etc but are you plugging into HDMI2 with the TV set for HDMI1? Not trying to be condescending but I've been there many times myself  8)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 13:34:16 PM »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 14:59:23 PM »
Thanks Ian. Although the site to which you directed me didn't have the answer to my problem it did give me some ideas to try out. I found that I have a "NVIDIA Control Panel" where I was able to specify both my laptop and the TV as my multiple monitors, make laptop the primary monitor and then clone the secondary [TV] monitor to the primary [laptop]. And it worked! After half an hour or so of trial and error.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 15:17:48 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 21:51:13 PM »
My God - that sounds complicated - can you get it done on the National Health ??? Either way - well done you :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf