Author Topic: withdrawing money ?  (Read 5665 times)

Offline patch

withdrawing money ?
« on: July 22, 2014, 20:57:51 PM »
If you have a 32 day account with finans and want to withdraw approx 10,000 ytl , will you just be able to go in the bank and withdraw it on any day or will you need to make an appointment ? thanks

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: withdrawing money ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 21:01:53 PM »
Just go in on your due date... Its only a problem if you need to withdraw it in sterling in large amounts then you would need to order it..

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 21:04:20 PM »
Shouldn't need an appointment - but you'll need to close the Time Deposit Account (assuming thats what you mean by 32 day account) and put the funds back into your current account, and its from there you'll withdraw the cash.  You'll also lose any interest due on the TDA if you go in before the due date.

JF

Offline patch

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
why do i need to close the account as i only want to withdraw some money ? what happens to whats left in the term deposit account , do i open another term deposit account with whats left ? thanks

Offline col

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
That is how the account works, if you wish to withdraw money on any other day than the interest day,
you have to close and re-open it. As pointed out, interest will be lost, unless you can wait till your next
interest day. These details i'm sure would have been pointed out to you when you opened it, esp if it
was with the helpful staff at the main Fethiye branch.

Offline patch

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »
the money i wanted to withdraw was for some work im having done on my house , so if the builder agrees , would it be possible to transfer the money to his account on my due date , so i wouldnt need to close and re-open my account and i wouldnt loose the months interest . if this is possible what information regarding his account would i need to transfer this online . thanks

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
You will still need to close the TDA, transfer the money into a current account, then start a new TDA with the balance remaining after taking the 10k out.
I wouldn't go down the bank transfer route because, 1) it's not like in the UK and it could take days to reach the builders account, 2) your (or even both) bank(s) will make a hefty charge for the transaction.
You might be better off asking the builder to delay work until you are in a position to withdraw the cash.  8)

Offline patch

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »
The builder is in the same bank and branch as me .Would it still take days to transfer and would there still be a charge .thanks

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 13:56:47 PM »
Days probably, charge, most likely.
Why not just go there with the builder and hand it over to him in the bank?
At least there's less change of losing it! 8)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 14:18:17 PM »
The builder is in the same bank and branch as me .Would it still take days to transfer and would there still be a charge .thanks
Depends on the bank, and the type of transfer you do.  With FinansBank its immediate and last one I did it was 30tl to send.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf