Author Topic: pelin hotel area  (Read 6572 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: pelin hotel area
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 20:12:56 PM »
Love the response Keith, commit myself, Jacqui comes on and say,s  she pass,s there all the time. but she only comes here for 2 weeks a year. and I bet now most replies will be from people in the UK.  ;)  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 20:15:20 PM »
Excuse me Des,  I come for 5 weeks per year and as from later this year when Phil retires will be spending a lot more time there.  We may have to look you up and give you a good telling off.   ;D  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 20:53:46 PM »
we have an apartment in this area and am not going to lie seem to hear about burglaries all the time during the season but also seem to hear of them in various parts of Calis through out the season... that new little shop Jacqui is great really hope it keeps going much nearer in the heat then having to go to Nokta  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 21:08:33 PM »
I suppose the question is, how near to the Pelin.  We live close to the Pelin, well we think so anyway as we use it as a guide to get people here.  Unlike Des I can say that we like the area, it's quiet, near to the beach, next to to the last remaining area of mass agriculture in calis, although not sure how long it will be before development starts there, and as Jacqui points out we now have a local shop for local people.  The only downside at the moment is that the kanalisation works have made a mess of the area adjacent to the kanals, but hopefully that will not last much longer and we will get our roads and in some cases services back.  Having said that we do miss the old kanal with reeds and wildlife.

Not sure what these bad things are that Des alludes to, but we live here all year and I am not aware of any problems that are not encountered  in other parts of Calis.  So I cannot think of any exceptional reason why you would not choose to live here, as opposed to any other Calis location, so it is down to you whether you like the house/apartment and the area itself.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 07:12:07 AM »
Excuse me Des,  I come for 5 weeks per year and as from later this year when Phil retires will be spending a lot more time there.  We may have to look you up and give you a good telling off.   ;D    ;)
Sorry Jacqui, I accept your telling me off, look forward to seeing more of you and Phil.   :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:22:46 AM by desmartinson »

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 07:34:06 AM »
I agree with Jackie and UBT , I also live permanently in this area and have done so for well over 2 years and never had any issues  with security , we also lived at the other end of Calis across from the Anna Hotel and loved that also , again no security issues , as we said it's all down to Preference , check it out yourself and make your own choice , would be inappropriate to make your decision on someone's reply .
Burglary' and Theft can and unfortunately do happen but to single out a particular area is in my opinion incorrect.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:16 AM »
As some of you know we lived by the Pelin
Hotel for some years,really liked it.
 No crime where we were but the locals
Did call our complex 'The Prison'
With its high walls and gates.
  10 to 15 min walk to sea front .

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Now I am wondering which one of the members on this thread own that huge house at the back of the Pelin.. I am sure it must be one of you.     ;) ;D

Offline BELLAPOP

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »
I have a property 400yds from the new little shop, had it for 9 years and spend around 8 weeks a year there  Been broken into once but apart from that I love the area, the locals are great and the man in the little shop is lovely he brings the shopping round if it is heavy and if you want something he doesn't stock he will get it for you.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:19 AM »
Mmmmm , I wonder Jackie , it might be a neighbour though...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf