Author Topic: Telephone Services  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Melvyn Cosgrove

• Newly Registered
Telephone Services
« on: August 27, 2014, 20:11:08 PM »
Does anyone know the procedure for having a landline telephone connected in my property? I know the stuff about residency etc but I am concerned about the fact that I want to watch television from the UK via the Internet and I'm of the opinion that the wireless hotspots some distance away from my property may present difficulties. Any help would be appreciated

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Telephone Services
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 20:52:16 PM »
I'm of the opinion that the wireless hotspots some distance away from my property may present difficulties. Any help would be appreciated

In what way would wireless hotspots affect your landline?

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 21:49:18 PM »
I think he means that the wireless hotspots are so far away from his property that he'll need his own landline and /or wifi installed to get a decent signal.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 22:04:07 PM »
But having a landline internet connection isn't a guarantee for flawless streaming. Quite often speed is not enough :(

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »
Does anyone know the procedure for having a landline telephone connected in my property? I know the stuff about residency etc but I am concerned about the fact that I want to watch television from the UK via the Internet and I'm of the opinion that the wireless hotspots some distance away from my property may present difficulties. Any help would be appreciated

Just go to Turk Telecom in Fethiye & tell them you want a phone line plus internet. Take ID & proof of address plus bank or credit card details if you want to make automatic payments.

Offline Melvyn Cosgrove

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
You are correct - KKOB.  My complex provides WiFi but at the minute there are only a few occupants.  As the complex fills up there will be more users and this may have an affect the service.  I am only thinking that if I had my own Internet in the apartment it would serve me better for streaming TV from the UK.     

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf